Acne-free diet, 10 foods to help you get rid of the skin condition
Diet for acne free skin: A balanced diet is the solution to control acne breakouts. Here are 10 foods that will help you get rid of it.Updated: Jul 29, 2018 16:16 IST
Are you facing acne trouble? A balanced diet along with a healthy lifestyle can help you cure it, say experts. Preeti Seth, Cosmetologist, Pachouli Wellness Clinic, Delhi, and Prabhu Mishra, senior cosmetologist, SCI International Hospital, Delhi, tell you about the best foods to keep acne at bay:
* Brown rice: Brown rice is a rich source of vitamin B, protein, magnesium, and several antioxidants. For acne, vitamin B acts as our skin’s stress fighter, which will help regulate hormones levels and prevent the likelihood of breakouts.
* Fennel: If you are looking for a natural skin cleanser, eat fennel. This licorice-tasting root vegetable can improve digestion, reduce swelling and flush out excess fluids and toxins from your skin.
* Garlic:Garlic is another superfood that helps fight inflammation. Garlic is full of a naturally occurring chemical called allicin, which kills off harmful bacteria and viruses that your body might be fighting, so it’s proven to be good for reducing inflammation in acne.
* Alfalfa sprouts: It looks like grass, but these sprouts are packed with valuable, skin-clearing nutrients. Alfalfa sprouts contain live enzymes which fight inflammation.
* Broccoli: It is the perfect skin-clearing food. Broccoli contains vitamins A, B complex, C, E, and K. These antioxidants fight radical damage and make your skin glow.
* Fish: Known to be a good source of omega-3 and 6-fatty acids, fish is excellent for acne-prone skin. These acids reduce inflammation in the skin. Sardine and salmon are also good for skin.
* Nuts: Deficiencies in minerals, such as zinc and selenium, have been linked to acne. Most nuts contain selenium, vitamin E, copper, magnesium, manganese, potassium, calcium and iron, which are essential for healthy skin.
* Green tea: Many studies show that green tea helps fight acne. Drink more green tea throughout the day, and try applying cool tea bags or a cloth dipped in cool green tea to acne-prone areas of your face for 10-15 minutes.
* Red grapes: The fruit and seed contain powerful natural chemicals and antioxidants that have been shown to treat inflammatory skin conditions, such as psoriasis and eczema. On top of this, grapes can also help to control the side effects of allergic reactions on skin.
* Foods rich in vitamin A and carotenoids: Carotenoids are used in anti-inflammatory drugs for treatment for acne. Rich sources of carotenoids include carrot juice, carrots, spinach, kale, cantaloupe, vegetable soup, mangoes, papaya, instant fortified oatmeal, frozen peas and tomato juice. Fresh and canned peaches and red bell peppers provide modest amounts of carotenoid.
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more
First Published: Jul 29, 2018 16:15 IST