Blue tea can help you look young, stay healthy and fight depression
Look beyond green tea and matcha tea. Butterfly pea flower tea or blue tea is rich in antioxidants, great for heart health, and keeps your skin glowing. Here’s what you need to know about it.fitness Updated: Jun 03, 2018 07:52 IST
While a lot is known about green tea and black tea, there are not many who know about the benefits of blue tea. This variant is tasty and has plenty of health benefits as well. Kausshal Dugarr, founder and CEO of Teabox.com, and Tea expert Rishav Kanoi, founder of The Tea Trove, list some health benefits of blue tea:
* Antioxidant properties: One of the benefits of drinking blue tea is that it has a lot of antioxidants. These powerful bio-compounds help the body fight free radicals which are toxic and cause premature ageing. It is a good idea to detox the body once in a while with an antioxidant-rich drink like blue pea tea.
* Anti-diabetic properties: A cup of blue butterfly tea taken in between meals will inhibit the intake of glucose from the diet and lower blood sugar. Antioxidants in the tea also help the body lower risk of infections, which diabetics are prone to, and it is also great for your heart health.
* For hair, skin: The antioxidants in a cup of blue tea are great for hair and skin. This tea also has many vitamins and minerals which keep your skin and hair looking great, as it keeps them from ageing prematurely.
* Energises and boosts brain activity: Blue pea is proven to be nootropic. It refreshes the brain and boosts its activity and function. This will keep you energised and feeling great.
* Treats anxiety and depression: According to studies, blue tea can relieve stress and lower symptoms of anxiety disorder.
* Magnifies beauty: Blue pea flower has anti-glycation properties, which is excellent for the skin and helps prevent skin ageing. Furthermore, blue tea has some flavonoids which increase collagen origination, accelerating skin elasticity. It is also good for your hair as it contains anthocyanin, which increases blood flow in the scalp, strengthening hair follicles.
* Lowers the risk of cancer: Blue pea flowers are a rich source of antioxidants. Antioxidants are known to minimise the damage to the cells of the body. The lesser the damage to cells, the lesser the risk of all types of cancer.
* Treats diabetes: According to a study, clitoria ternatea leaf is found to lower diabetes in rats. It obstructs glucose intake from food and is beneficial for curing type II diabetes.
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more