Don’t be obsessed about your workout: Saif Ali Khan’s super tips on being fit
Actor Saif Ali Khan launched nutritionist Rujuta Diwekar’s new book ‘Indian Super Foods: Change The Way You Eat’ in Mumbai on Saturday. At the event, he spoke extensively on his fitness mantras, food preferences and exercise regimen.
We know how important it is for you to remain fit. So, here are some pro tips from Saif that may change your outlook on life.
1. People associate dieting with not eating, but that’s a big misconception. People think they have to give up the foods they like – that they need to go for really boring food or no food at all. But, interestingly, you can eat food you like and still feel great about it. You can lose weight at the same time. In fact, the best thing about eating the right kind of food is that you feel good mentally. Eventually, it improves the quality of your life.
2. Brain chemistry is a complicated thing. Sometimes I feel cranky before the gym, and calmer once I am done and eaten. So, it’s mostly about doing things as per your schedule.
3. To look good and younger is important these days, and for that you need three things – diet, exercise and sleep. There is no extreme method – or surgical procedure – to do that. There is just one way to look fresh, and that’s to sleep well, exercise and diet.
4. People say they don’t find time to exercise. That’s ridiculous. If you find time for shower and other things you consider important, you should find time to exercise as well. You’ll realise how it influences your life. Even your relationships will improve.
5. Sometimes you begin looking good after you start exercising. But then you want to look better, and for that, you try to work out more. But that’s not advisable. You have to learn to let go of certain things. Listen to your body. There’s no point in working out if you’re feeling tired. Give a gap. To be obsessed about these things is very common and dangerous. Don’t be an obsessive narcissist.
6. Everything shows on your face, so you have to get your life in order. If you’re a sorted and calm person, it’s done.
7. The prettiest people are the ones who know how to live life well. So, concentrate on the needs of your body rater than forcing it in a particular way.
8. Genes are just a tendency. With a little discipline, you can manoeuvre them your way.
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more.