I flew 33 feet in the air: Gerard Butler reflects on the time he almost died
Actor Gerard Butler has revealed he was close to losing his life after a car hit him while he was on his motorcycle.
During an appearance on The Talk, the Geostorm star said he was lucky to be alive.
“I’m lucky to be here. I went 33 feet through the air. I did a somersault,” the 47-year-old actor said. Butler said he remembers a bystander looking on at the accident and saying, “’Wow, you really are an action movie star.’”
The actor suffered “five fractures in my right foot alone, because I landed right on my knees, so I’ve done my knees in and my left foot. And this had been the busiest period of my career.”
He continued, “I was in bed for four days. I couldn’t get out of bed.”
Just a week after being taken to the hospital post his accident, Butler walked the red carpet in Hollywood for his new film.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Gal Gadot has said that she was on the verge of giving up acting when she was cast in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice as Wonder Woman. Read her nostalgic post.
- Kim Kardashian took to her Instagram account and remembered her father Robert Kardashian on his birth anniversary. Sister Khloe Kardashian and Kourtney Kardashian also shared photos.
- I Care a Lot movie review: Rosamund Pike is in proper Gone Girl mode in director J Blakeson's devilishly entertaining dark comedy, out on Netflix.
- Singer FKA Twigs has offered more details about the alleged abuse that she faced during her relationship with actor Shia LaBeouf.
- Joe and Anthony Russo, directors of Marvel's Avengers: Endgame, have debunked a fan theory that was seemingly endorsed by the film's writers previously.
- Zack Snyder dropped the trailer for his upcoming Justice League on Valentine's Day. The action-packed clip teased an intense faceoff between Batman and Joker.