Over 150 children affected due to food poisoning in Tapi
Over 150 children of a residential school in Vyara taluka of Tapi district were affected due to food poisoning on Thursday, officials said.india Updated: Jan 28, 2011 19:49 IST
Over 150 children of a residential school in Vyara taluka of Tapi district were affected due to food poisoning on Thursday, officials said.
The incident took place last evening at the hostel of Navoday Vidhyalay in Borakhdi village where the children complained of stomach ache, vomiting and diarrhoea after consuming food served to them, they said.
"Some 153 students of the Navoday Vidhayala have been affected due to food poisoning after they consumed food yesterday evening," Chief District Health Officer, Tapi, Dr S K Isnova said.
"Twelve children have been referred to Vyara civil hospital for treatment while others are being treated by a team of doctors at the school itself," Isnova said.
The district officials have collected water and food samples from the school and inspected the surrounding area.
"Primarily it appears that the children might have eaten stale food," Isnova said.
Health officials have been stationed in the village and are monitoring the children.