Recipe: Make this easy and healthy citrus shrimp salad in under 30 minutes
- Have absolutely nothing planned to cook? Don’t concede defeat nor reach for a bowl of some cereal and milk or takeaway. Instead, let this simple and easy citrus shrimp salad recipe speak to you which is packed with health benefits
As work from home continues to consume most of our waking hours, we have totally run out of time and food options when it comes to cooking in the Covid-19 era. If you have absolutely nothing planned to cook, do not concede defeat nor reach for a bowl of some cereal and milk or takeaway.
Instead, let this simple and easy citrus shrimp salad recipe speak to you which is packed with health benefits. Loaded with fresh fruits and light lemon citrus sauce, this simple, bright, and refreshing salad is perfect for any time of the year.
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup fresh orange juice (about 2 oranges)
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (about 3 lemons)
5 garlic cloves , minced or pressed
1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion (or shallot)
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Pinch red pepper flakes
Freshly ground black pepper and kosher salt
3 pounds medium shrimp , peeled and deveined
1 medium orange , cut into wedges or slices
1 medium lemon , cut into wedges
In a medium bowl, whisk together the olive oil, orange juice, lemon juice, garlic, onion, 2 teaspoons of the parsley and a pinch of red pepper flakes. Pour the mixture into a large skillet set over medium heat.
Bring to a simmer and cook until reduced by half, about 5 to 8 minutes. Add the shrimp, season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper and cover.
Cook for about 5 minutes until they turn pink. Top with the remaining parsley and serve with orange and lemon slices on the side. Additionally, you can also add the orange and lemon slices to the sauce to cook and brown slightly if desired. Enjoy.
(Recipe: Heidi Larsen, Instagram/ foodiecrush)
High in protein but low in calories, carbs and fat, shrimps make for a perfect diet food. As one of the most commonly consumed types of shellfish, shrimps are packed with high amounts of certain nutrients like as iodine and provide vitamins and minerals including selenium that is required for your daily needs and helps promote heart health while reducing inflammation.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- What’s better than paleo chocolate chip cookies? Well, it has to be Sourdough Chocolate Chip Cookies made from sourdough discard as they are gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan. Check out their tempting recipe inside
- Whip up a healthy treat this summer, packed with a flavoursome and refreshing punch with this Mango Pudding that is a lovely light way to end a heavy meal. Check out the exotic recipe inside
- Try this delicious recipe of Oats and Cranberry Pancakes that don't just taste divine but are also healthy. You can now enjoy pancakes without the guilt.
- Seal your midweek sugar cravings with a healthy treat including the goodness of a superfood with this super easy recipe of strawberry chia pudding. Check out the health benefits of this delicious dessert inside
- Want to be healthy with a flavour explosion in your mouth? Try this mouthwatering recipe of Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Peanut Sauce that will keep you coming back for more
- Whether you like your beans spicy or prefer skipping them and using plain canned ones, the goal is to create a quality burrito that is made from the scratch and you can try this simple recipe too if you are craving some Mexican food tonight
- Want to relieve constipation or treat your body to natural antioxidants? Here’s a recipe to whip up some creamy, crunchy Cauliflower soup this Tuesday evening which is a healthy substitute for rice and flour and is sure to tickle your taste buds
- Say ‘yes’ to bagel cravings this Tuesday with ‘Everything Bagel’ which is a clean version of a regular bagel with pops of onion, garlic, sesame seeds and poppy seeds. Drooling at the thought of all those tasty flavours? Check the recipe of Everything Bagel inside