Lok Sabha election 2019: Names, numbers that matter in Lakshadweep
Lakshadweep is a Union territory and the President is the chief administrator of the group of islands.
The territory elects one member to the Lok Sabha and Mohammed Faizal PP of the Sharad Pawar-led Nationalist Congress Party defeated Congress’Muhammed Hamdulla Sayeed in the last parliamentary election in 2014.
The 2014 Lok Sabha polls saw Sharad Pawar’s Nationalist Congress Party pinch off nearly 4% votes from the Congress.
The Lok Sabha election 2019 will be held on April 11 and votes will be counted on May 23.
* Date of polling: April 11
* Counting of votes: May 23
*Ruling party/coalition in the state: It is a Union territory and the President is the chief administrator
* Number of Lok Sabha seats in Lakshadweep: 1
* Party wise break-up of the Lok Sabha seats: NCP-1
* Number of voters in the state: 50,931
* Voter turnout in 2014: 86.61%
* Number of assembly seats: NA
* Party wise break-up of assembly seats: NA
* Key leaders across parties: Mohammed Faizal PP (NCP), Muhammed Hamdulla Sayeed (Congress), Komalam Koya (SP)