From Game of Thrones leak to rape and murder accused set free: Top 5 stories from Mumbai
Here are the top stories from Mumbai you shouldn’t missmumbai Updated: Aug 16, 2017 16:41 IST
While the Mumbai police are still gathering proof against the Game of Thrones leakers to ensure that they have a watertight case, the Bombay high court freed two men sentenced to death for rape and murder owing to a lack of evidence.
Meanwhile, the traffic police penalised 1,729 motorists for flouting traffic rules during dahi handi celebrations.#
1. Game of Thrones: Sheer excitement or monetary reward, why was the episode leaked?
Why was the fourth episode of Game of Thrones season 7 leaked? Cyber police officials of the Mumbai crime branch are questioning the four men they arrested to determine whether they leaked the episode out of sheer excitement, so they could watch it before it was released, or to earn some cash.
2. These 125 vans will deliver fresh farm produce to Mumbaiites soon
Taking note of the farmers’ agitation for better prices, the state government may soon come up with ways to deliver their produce at Mumbaiites’ doorstep.
3. Dahi handi celebrations in Mumbai: 1,729 motorists flouted traffic rules
The traffic police penalised 1,729 motorists for flouting traffic rules, collecting Rs1.09lakh, on dahi handi on Wednesday.
4. Mumbai to make space for buildings: Decade-old trees will be cut within 12 days
Cutting trees for construction projects such as Metro in Mumbai is all set to get easier.
5. 2 Mumbai men, who got death sentence for raping, killing 14-year-old and her mother, set free
The Bombay high court on Tuesday set free two men sentenced to death for alleged rape and murder of a 14-year-old and her mother at Choramba in Beed district in May 2015 .
First Published: Aug 16, 2017 16:40 IST