Himanshi Khurana on marriage plans with Asim Riaz: We’re in no hurry, our families are happy for us, but a relationship needs time
With as many as 16 Punjabi and Hindi songs that released last year, Himanshi Khurana had a great 2020. And she reveals that this year too, her fans can expect to see more of her on screen as she has more singles coming up and some of them are with her boyfriend, model-actor Asim Riaz.
Khurana, 29, is also considering acting projects. “There are short films, Punjabi TV show and Hindi web series that I’m in talks for. I’m very clear that I can’t do intimate scenes. I’ve said no to projects because of that. Asim and I were supposed to do a Bollywood project but that also got pushed because of the pandemic,” she shares.
Talking about Riaz and her pairing on screen, the couple had released four songs in 2020 — Kalla sohna nai, Afsos karoge, Khyaal rakheya kar and Dil ko Maine Di kasam — and all of them fared well.
“We get a lot of offers to work together, but it’s not like we only want to work with each other. There’s no such condition in our relationship. We also don’t discuss social media. But yes, we love interacting with our fans and share our thoughts with them,” she says.
There have been speculation around Khurana and Riaz tying the knot soon, but she clarifies that such a decision cannot be taken in haste.
“Pehle logon ko hamare relationship pe shaq tha, ab yeh sab bol rahe hain. We’re in no hurry. We’re right now concentrating on our work and being there for each other. Hamari communities aur religion alag hain. Our families are happy for us, but a relationship needs time,” she elaborates.
The two met on Bigg Boss show last year and their romance on the show made headlines. A year later, ask Khurana what makes Riaz the special one in her life, and she gushes “He has struggled hard to be where he is today. He takes time to open up and doesn’t talk much. Toh logon ko lagta hai unme attitude hai. In reality, Asim is caring, loving and supportive. If he’s ordering food for himself, he also orders food for his family in Jammu and my family in Chandigarh.”
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Author tweets @Shreya_MJ
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Last year, BTS singer Jimin caused a frenzy among Indian BTS fans when he said he watched 3 Idiots.
- BTS singer V confirmed that his mixtape would feature 13 songs. This revelation has left the fandom, ARMY, in an emotional state.
- Nick Jonas has released the title track from his new album Spaceman. The singer revealed that most songs on the album are musical love letters to Priyanka Chopra.
- BTS singer Jungkook took to Twitter and shared a selfie flaunting his blue hair. The singer caused a frenzy among fans and left a few wondering if the hair colour change has something to do with his mixtape.
- Renowned Punjabi singer Sardool Sikander died on Wednesday. Several Punjabi and Bollywood celebrities remembered him on social media.
- BTS served a treat for their fans as they appeared on the recent episode of MTV Unplugged. RM, Jin, Suga, J-Hope, Jimin, V and Jungkook performed two tracks from their album BE, Telepathy and Blue & Grey, while covering Coldplay's Fix You.
- A new Bangtan Bomb was released today which saw RM vibing to Justin Bieber's Where Are U Now, Jin reciting Twinkle Twinkle Little Stars and Suga revealing which member he wants to give his photo card to.
- Bigg Boss 13's Shehnaaz Gill and popular rap singer Badshah are working together on a new song. Both took to their respective social media handles to share the news.