Team Punditz scores big
Bollywood’s thirst for newer soundscapes is getting stronger. In a first for an Indian Rock band, Delhi-based group Midival Punditz (Tapan Raj and Gaurav Raina) along with instrumentalist/composer Karsh Kale, has scored the entire musical track for filmmaker-actor Farhan Akhtar’s upcoming home-production,
Kartik Calling Kartik
. The Vijay Lalwani directorial starring Akhtar and Deepika Padukone releases on February 26.
Says Kale, “Farhan is a forward thinking guy and I think he believed that we would bring something new to the film. We used this opportunity to challenge ourselves to take things to another level and I think we accomplished it to an extent.” In fact, the makers of the movie liked a part of the score so much that they got the instrumental Kartik 2.0 on the soundtrack too.
Tapan Raj of the Punditz, who have earlier worked on Bollywood movies such Let’s Enjoy and Don, elaborates what made the collaboration easier. “We complement each other as composers. We (The Punditz) bring a modern feel to the music using electronic composition and modern soundscapes, while Karsh brings a more classical approach as an orchestral composer, pianist, guitar player and songwriter.”
Kale says they tried to avoid all stereotypes, including their own for this project. “People expecting any typical Punditz KK sound or even a typical Bollywood score are in for a surprise. The film called us to expand its sonic scope and approach music with a fresh new sound. We composed on everything from orchestral instruments and piano to hardcore electronic soundscapes and rock guitars.”
Raj says they’re looking forward to doing more of Bollywood, but with projects that allow them creative freedom.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The Recording Academy announced the list of performers for Grammys 2021. BTS, Taylor Swift, Harry Styles and many more will perform at this year's cereony.
- Bigg Boss 14 winner Rubina Dilaik and Bigg Boss 13's Paras Chhabra are coming together for a music video. See their pictures and videos from the shoot.
- BTS singer Jungkook hosted a VLive on Sunday. During the chat, he revealed his new hair colour, thanked the ARMY, listened to songs and gave everyone a good look at his arm tattoos.
- Singer Nick Jonas shared his thoughts on BTS, to the delight of the pop group's fans. Here's what he said.
- Bigg Boss 13 star Shehnaaz Gill romances Badshah in new song Fly, but 'looks part Indian-part Thai'. Watch the video here.
- Rohanpreet Singh was bowled over by Neha Kakkar's "hotness" in their glamorous new photoshoot together. See pictures here.
- BTS singers Jimin and V graduated from Global Cyber University. The duo has been conferred with the Presidential Award as well.
- Singer Shreya Ghoshal has announced her first pregnancy. She is married to Shiladitya M since six years.
- BTS leader RM, during a conversation about India, revealed that he was familiar with Daler Mehndi's hit Punjabi track Tunak Tunak Tun and confessed he sang the song in middle school.