You should be known outside Bollywood music, says singer Guru Randhawa
Singer Guru Randhawa’s track Patola in collaboration with artist Bohemia has got him a lot of recognition in the Indian music scene. However, unlike other artists who want to make a career in Bollywood music first, he wants to have a strong hold in independent music.
“I am happy doing my stuff. Whatever I have achieved is because of this independent market. I think you should do Bollywood once you are all into your own market. Doing a Bollywood song for a particular actor or producer, you should be known in the world outside of Bollywood music,” says Randhawa.
The 24-year-old singer has sung tracks such as Yar Mod Do, Tu Meri Rani and Khat and recently released his single Suits. While he is content with his current status as a singer, he says starting off in the music industry is not an easy task.
“When I entered the music industry, the biggest struggle was reaching out to people. There are so many artists who have good content but they are finding it difficult to take their work to the market. I had a lot of content but there were studios who wanted my songs free of cost. I was not ready for that. I did my first album with my own record label. I think the most difficult bit is recording the first album or first song,” says the singer.
He adds that financial support is very important for all budding singers.“These days video quality is important. If a new artist comes and he doesn’t have a good record label to invest in him, then there is no point,” he says.
Follow @htshowbiz for more.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- BTS singer Jungkook took to Twitter and shared a selfie flaunting his blue hair. The singer caused a frenzy among fans and left a few wondering if the hair colour change has something to do with his mixtape.
- Renowned Punjabi singer Sardool Sikander died on Wednesday. Several Punjabi and Bollywood celebrities remembered him on social media.
- BTS served a treat for their fans as they appeared on the recent episode of MTV Unplugged. RM, Jin, Suga, J-Hope, Jimin, V and Jungkook performed two tracks from their album BE, Telepathy and Blue & Grey, while covering Coldplay's Fix You.
- A new Bangtan Bomb was released today which saw RM vibing to Justin Bieber's Where Are U Now, Jin reciting Twinkle Twinkle Little Stars and Suga revealing which member he wants to give his photo card to.
- Bigg Boss 13's Shehnaaz Gill and popular rap singer Badshah are working together on a new song. Both took to their respective social media handles to share the news.
Pawri Ho Rai Hai goes viral: Yashraj Mukhate says, ‘Things on which I put too much mind don’t really work’
- Rihanna's new topless photo, in which she is wearing a pendant of a deity around her neck, has sparked major outrage in India. She has been accused of hurting religious sentiments.
- Singer couple Neha Kakkar and Rohanpreet Singh were reportedly at a wedding in Delhi recently. Videos from the party have been shared online. Watch them here.