Baahubali 2 surpasses Baahubali’s lifetime China collection on first day itself
Baahubali 2 is back at breaking record once again. The second part of SS Rajamouli’s war epic released in the Chinese market on May 4 and has already earned more than what the first part did in its entire run in the country.
Movie trade expert Ramesh Bala tweeted on Friday, “#Baahubali2 has crossed the lifetime biz of #Baahubali ($1.18 Million) in #China.” According to Bollywood Life, the movie released in 7000 screens, more than Aamir Khan’s Dangal. It has already earned USD 1.2 million by the evening shows.
While the both the parts are the two most successful films made on the Indian soil, the first one failed to perform well at the Chinese box office, making only Rs 8 crore. Dangal, however, surpassed all expectations and made Rs 1,200 crore in China (total Rs 2,000 crore worldwide). Baahubali 2 has made Rs 1,700 crore so far worldwide and if it gets a good push at the Chinese market, it just might become the most successful Indian movie ever.
Baahubali 2 won three awards at the 65th National Film Awards on Thursday. It won in the Best Action Direction, Best Visual Effects and Best Popular Film categories.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Cricketer Hardik Pandya has shared a few lovely pictures with partner Natasa Stankovic on her birthday. He has also thanked her for giving him the most precious gift - their son Agastya.
- Gauri Khan, Seema Khan, Maheep Kapoor joined Karan Johar, Karisma Kapoor, Malaika Arora, Amrita Arora at Manish Malhotra's residence on Wednesday evening.
- Yami Gautam opens up about being asked to dress her age and aim at looking younger, just before the release of Vicky Donor.
- Swara Bhasker praises Taapsee Pannu for being an 'amazing girl with courage and conviction', adding that she should stand as a 'strong warrior'.
- BTS leader RM, during a conversation about India, revealed that he was familiar with Daler Mehndi's hit Punjabi track Tunak Tunak Tun and confessed he sang the song in middle school.
- Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor Khan were visited on Wednesday evening by Karisma Kapoor, Malaika Arora, Amrita Arora, Manish Malhotra and Natasha Poonawalla.
- Karan Johar and Manish Malhotra arrived at Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor's residence and posed together for the paparazzi. Malaika Arora and sister Amrita also visited the couple.
- Twinkle Khanna shared a funny experience from her recent doctor's visit and joked about being a 'long-standing member of Giri Hui Aurat Club'.
- Hema Malini, who will be seen as a guest in an upcoming episode of Indian Idol 12, opened up about how her father tried to keep her away from Dharmendra.