Rangasthalam completes 50 days at theatres, emerges as one of the biggest grossers of 2018
Ram Charan’s latest outing Rangasthalam has struck the jackpot at the box office as it continues its successful run, having crossed 50 days of theatrical run. According to its makers, earlier this month, the film breached into the Rs 200 crore club. Via an official poster, the makers announced that the film had grossed over Rs 200 crore, making it the third highest grosser after the Baahubali franchise. Despite getting released on Amazon Prime, Rangasthalam is still playing in a few screens.
After impressing critics and audiences alike, the Sukumar directed village-based revenge drama had won over Pawan Kalyan, who recently watched the film and was mesmerized by the overall experience.
Speaking at the success meet of Rangasthalam, Kalyan said that Rangasthalam never felt like watching a film. “It felt like watching a real story of real people. I was transported to a place called Rangasthalam and watching the film felt so life-like. The actors lived their parts. Sukumar has reminded us that it possible to make a realistic film that’s equally commercial.”
Talking more about the film and Ram Charan’s performance, Kalyan said: “Rangasthalam deserves the same kind of support that we gave Baahubali and it should be sent to the Oscars, even if it takes a lot of lobbying. The film showcases Ram Charan’s artistic talent. He’s a complete actor. It amazed me to see Ram Charan in an avatar, sporting thick beard and wearing dhoti. He was born and raised in a city and to see him transform so convincingly into a rural character astonished me.”
Kalyan also heaped praise on Samantha for her performance. “She’s delivered a fine performance at a time when most of us thought she’d quit acting since she’s married.”
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Ishaan Khatter shared a throwback picture from their childhood to post a 'happy birthday' message for his half-brother, Shahid Kapoor.
- Alia Bhatt did a 'Gangubai Kathiawadi' style namaste to the paparazzi while greeting them during director Sanjay Leela Bhansali's birthday celebrations.
- On Divya Bharti's birth anniversary, here's revisiting an episode from her life when she married producer Sajid Nadiadwala and managed to keep it a secret from her father, who was opposed to the match.
- Shahid Kapoor said that he was with Mira Rajput in the labour room when she was giving birth to their daughter Misha. Mira 'whacked' Shahid when he got dizzy at one point.
- Parineeti Chopra, on being asked about a time in her life she would like to forget, said that she would like to erase her college days as she was 'hugely overweight' at the time.
- Tanishaa Mukherji wished her sister Kajol and brother-in-law Ajay Devgn on their 2nd wedding anniversary.
- Nakuul Mehta’s wife Jankee Parekh revealed how her life has changed after the birth of their son, Sufi. She said that she is busy with mommy duties, leaving her little time for social media activities.
- Kangana Ranaut announced the release date of her upcoming Jayalalithaa biopic, Thalaivi, with a short teaser. The film, directed by AL Vijay, will release on April 23.
- BTS singer Jungkook took to Twitter and shared a selfie flaunting his blue hair. The singer caused a frenzy among fans and left a few wondering if the hair colour change has something to do with his mixtape.
- Priyanka Chopra Jonas reacted to a social media user criticised her now-viral ball-shaped outfit. Earlier, Priyanka shared a bunch of memes inspired by her dress.
- Gauahar Khan revealed her father has been admitted to a hospital. The actor took to Instagram and shared pictures of how her husband Zaid Darbar and in-laws are supporting her.