Latest from monsoon
On Sunday evening, Delhi witnesses winter rainfall, as informed by the Indian Meteorological Department (IMD).
Updated on Dec 26, 2021 09:46 PM IST
ANI | , New Delhi
The India Meteorological Department (IMD) has predicted fresh rains and snowfall in the Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh region from Friday, even amid predictions that the southwest monsoon will depart by October 26.
Published on Oct 21, 2021 08:56 AM IST
Written by Joydeep Bose | Edited by Amit Chaturvedi, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
- It now covers only a small portion of Odisha, some parts of northeast India, and southern Maharashtra. The normal date for its withdrawal from the entire country is October 15.
Updated on Oct 15, 2021 04:53 AM IST
The withdrawal of the June-September monsoon means a gradual fall in temperature and humidity as dry winds blow in from the northwest.
Updated on Oct 06, 2021 04:16 AM IST
This is the second-most delayed withdrawal of the Southwest Monsoon since 1960.
Published on Oct 05, 2021 11:28 PM IST
PTI | , New Delhi
- The monsoon will withdraw from Delhi by September 25.
Published on Sep 16, 2021 03:11 PM IST
The rain has affected operations at the Delhi airport and airlines have said departures and arrivals and their consequential flights may get affected in the national capital.
Published on Sep 11, 2021 12:21 PM IST
Here are today’s top news, analysis, and opinion at 9am. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.
Published on Sep 05, 2021 08:53 AM IST
hindustantimes.com, New Delhi, Hindustan Times
The monsoon deficit now stands at nine per cent and this is expected to come down due to good rainfall during September, IMD director-general Mrutunjay Mohapatra said as per a PTI report.
Published on Sep 01, 2021 02:25 PM IST
Monsoon entered a ‘break’ or a ‘partial break’ phase thrice this season, mainly between June 29 to July 11
Updated on Aug 29, 2021 12:28 AM IST
, Hindustan Times, New DelhiJayashree Nandi
Delhi received the season’s heaviest spell of rain on August 21 (138.8mm), which was also the most rain in a single day of the month since 2007.
Updated on Aug 26, 2021 02:30 AM IST
Updated on Aug 24, 2021 04:15 PM IST
India Meteorological Department (IMD) has said that the city may get another “intense” spell of rain on Saturday.
Updated on Aug 21, 2021 02:03 AM IST
According to the India Meteorological Department (IMD), Delhi is set for a dry spell that may last six days.
Updated on Aug 10, 2021 02:50 AM IST
- Hartalika Teej 2021: Here’s all you need to know about the date, history, significance and celebration of this Hindu festival in India in the monsoon season
Updated on Aug 11, 2021 10:31 AM IST
hindustantimes.com | Edited by Zarafshan Shiraz, Delhi
- Beat the chill of monsoon season, as you snuggle in for a movie night with your partner, by whipping up a cup of melting hot chocolate that acts like a warm hug from inside on a rainy day. Check out the recipe of Spiced Hot Chocolate inside and thank us later
Updated on Aug 03, 2021 07:02 PM IST
- Ananya Panday sets the mercury soaring with her sensuous style in a ₹22k golden metallic trench that is perfect for drizzly days and stunning enough to lift your mood from even the darkest depths of quarantine | Check pictures inside
Updated on Aug 03, 2021 04:56 PM IST
With monsoon wading in the eastern part of India, a well-marked low-pressure area hangs over the state of West Bengal and is expected to move westwards towards Jharkhand and Bihar, bringing heavy rainfall accompanied by thunderstorms and lightning this weekend.
Published on Jul 31, 2021 08:01 AM IST
Written by Joydeep Bose | Edited by Meenakshi Ray, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
- Want to eat desi food but craving fast food at the same time? Let this drool-worthy recipe of Butter Chicken Burger satiate your taste buds
Updated on Jul 30, 2021 04:03 PM IST
Heavy rain has also been predicted for 15 districts of Madhya Pradesh by the India Meteorological Department (IMD).
Published on Jul 30, 2021 05:45 AM IST
Data from the India Meteorological Department (IMD) shows that till July 29, Delhi recorded 463.5mm rainfall. In an average year, this number is 210.6mm. The last time there was more rain than this in July was in 2003 when the city recorded 632.2mm.
Updated on Aug 02, 2021 08:18 AM IST
Soumya Pillai, New Delhi
Published on Jul 29, 2021 10:04 PM IST
- Call us ‘chai’vinists but we strongly feel that where there is tea, there is hope! If you too feel that a cup of tea is a cup of peace, check out a tea-rrific recipe of non-dairy iced dirty chai inside which is healthy, extra creamy, nutritious and delicious
Updated on Jul 29, 2021 07:16 PM IST
Senior officials on Wednesday said strict directions were issued to all traffic circles to ensure more personnel were deployed to ensure smoother movement and to minimise snarls on arterial stretches.
Updated on Jul 29, 2021 02:55 AM IST
At the Palam weather observatory, the maximum temperature fell to 27.2°C, eight degrees below what is considered normal for this time of the year, and the minimum was 26.7°C.
Updated on Jul 29, 2021 02:50 AM IST
- The Dudhsagar waterfall offers an idyllic view from a nearby rail line connecting Goa with Bengaluru, especially during monsoon season as the falls form a huge force of water.
Published on Jul 28, 2021 10:17 PM IST
Parliament Monsoon Session 2021 updates: So far, the monsoon session has witnessed uproars and protests with the opposition trying to disrupt the house proceeding on several key issues including the Pegasus row, farmers’ protest, fuel price hike etc.
Updated on Jul 28, 2021 05:05 PM IST
The Safdarjung observatory, which provides representative data for the city, recorded 100mm rainfall in just three hours (between 5.30 am and 8.30 am) on Tuesday morning, according to the India Meteorological Department (IMD).
Updated on Jul 28, 2021 12:47 AM IST
Vatsala Shrangi, New Delhi:
Tamil Nadu will receive moderate to light showers accompanied by thunderstorms in the next four days. The rains are likely due to the southwest monsoon and convection.
Published on Jul 27, 2021 11:17 AM IST
IMD has also forecast enhanced rainfall activity with fairly widespread to widespread rainfall and isolated heavy to very heavy falls likely over east and adjoining central India from Tuesday.
Updated on Jul 27, 2021 07:54 AM IST