PUBLISHED ON JUL 21, 2021 04:13 PM IST
Dhawan, who is currently leading a new-face Indian side in the tour of Sri Lanka, smashed an unbeaten 86 in the first game in Colombo on Sunday that helped him accumulate 712 rating points and move up in the ranking list
UPDATED ON JUL 20, 2021 08:38 PM IST
- India vs County XI: While Rohit departed for 9, his opening partner Mayank Agarwal was dismissed soon after as he was done in by some great movement in the air and off the pitch.
UPDATED ON JUL 21, 2021 07:52 AM IST
- India vs County Select XI highlights, day 1: Follow live updates of India vs County Select XI three-day practice match at Chester-le-Street in Durham before the England series.
By hindustantimes.com, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
PUBLISHED ON JUL 11, 2021 04:46 PM IST
- Here are today’s top news, analysis, and opinion. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.
UPDATED ON JUL 11, 2021 04:02 PM IST
Speaking ahead of India's five-match Test series, former Indian cricketer Reetinder Singh Sodhi described the Indian opener as the best batsman in the world and said he can take the match away from oppositions.
UPDATED ON JUL 10, 2021 08:50 PM IST
- "The conditions are tough there for batting and if you have an opening partnership there and your top-order clicks, you create a brilliant platform to put up a big score," Karim said.
UPDATED ON JUL 08, 2021 09:13 AM IST
The Mumbai batsman was not able to get a big score but his solid technique is sure to give Indian fans confidence ahead of the big-ticket series which is set to mark the beginning of the second cycle of the World Test Championship.
PUBLISHED ON JUL 04, 2021 05:19 PM IST
Cricketer-turned commentator Deep Dasgupta opined that if Rahul bats well, there’s no point of Virat opening the innings.
By Naresh Kamath, Mumbai
PUBLISHED ON JUL 01, 2021 12:15 AM IST
Rohit Sharma has paid ₹26.25 lakh as the stamp duty for this deal.
PUBLISHED ON JUN 29, 2021 10:03 AM IST
On Monday, several Indian players took to social media and shared updates on how they spent leisure time with their loved ones.
PUBLISHED ON JUN 29, 2021 08:55 AM IST
Cricketer-turned-commentator Chopra did not fail to point out that even if Gill wasn't selected, the next-in-line batsman was Mayank Agarwal and not KL Rahul.
By Trisha Sengupta
PUBLISHED ON JUN 20, 2021 02:40 PM IST
WTC final: Ritika Sajdeh shared a collage of Rohit Sharma along with a witty text in her Instagram story.
UPDATED ON JUN 18, 2021 03:52 PM IST
- WTC Final: Virat Kohli mastered the English conditions in Test cricket during India's tour of 2018, to make amends for his disastrous tour of 2014
PUBLISHED ON JUN 17, 2021 09:06 AM IST
- India possess one of the strongest batting line-ups in modern-day cricket, and New Zealand are aware of it, said fast bowler Tim Southee.
UPDATED ON JUN 16, 2021 10:20 AM IST
- India's batsmen will be in for a stiff challenge but Sunil Gavaskar has backed one of their premier players to have a rollicking series in England.
PUBLISHED ON JUN 15, 2021 07:53 PM IST
- Hayden was renowned for his dominating style of batting in Test cricket that gave Australia a head-start more often than not even in adverse batting conditions. Bond said Rohit can do the same thing for India in Test cricket.
UPDATED ON JUN 15, 2021 05:40 PM IST
- Former Indian batsman VVS Laxman has pointed out very crucial technical details that Rohit Sharma will have to keep in mind in order to keep the threat of Boult at bay.
UPDATED ON JUN 15, 2021 09:39 AM IST
Former New Zealand all-rounder Scott Styris also feels India opener Rohit might find it hard to bat if the ‘ball is moving around’ as he doesn’t move 'his feet a lot early in his innings.'
PUBLISHED ON JUN 12, 2021 07:08 PM IST
- Former India off-spinner Sarandeep Singh, who was a part of the selection committee responsible for India’s strong bench strength, picked India's openers for WTC final.
PUBLISHED ON JUN 10, 2021 08:42 PM IST
- While the Rose Bowl in Southampton may not provide conditions like in New Zealand, they would still be helpful for fast bowling in the WTC final.
UPDATED ON JUN 08, 2021 08:57 PM IST
- World Test Championship: For India, Ajinkya Rahane is the surprise leader of the pack, and finds himself in the number five spot of the overall list.
PUBLISHED ON JUN 07, 2021 03:53 PM IST
Afghanistan leg-spinner Rashid Khan said Virat Kohli never deviates from his process, irrespective of the quality of delivery bowled at him.
UPDATED ON JUN 06, 2021 05:38 PM IST
- In a recent interview, Hasan Ali revealed that of the many players he's bowled to, India's star batsman is the one he's found the toughest.
PUBLISHED ON JUN 02, 2021 03:40 PM IST
Indian pacer Jasprit Bumrah has also maintained his fifth position in the bowlers’ ranking list with a rating of 690.
UPDATED ON JUN 02, 2021 03:12 PM IST
- Former Pakistan spinner Saqlain Mushtaq has lavished praise on Virender Sehwag and credited the former India batsman for changing the landscape of Indian batting with his style of play.
UPDATED ON JUN 01, 2021 03:54 PM IST
- World Test Championship Final: One man who is a certainty to get the nod is Rohit Sharma. The experienced star was India's standout batsman in the home series against England and he looked in good touch in two Test matches he had played in Australia too.
UPDATED ON MAY 29, 2021 09:52 AM IST
- More said a lot of things will be clear after the upcoming World Test Championship final against New Zealand and the England series, indicating that Kohli might take a call about the shorter formats.
UPDATED ON MAY 26, 2021 07:32 PM IST
- Former Pakistan leg-sinner Danish Kaneria is not impressed with a recent statement made by Mohammad Amir about a star India batsman.
UPDATED ON MAY 21, 2021 09:00 PM IST
Speaking on de Villiers' popularity among Indian cricket fans, former India batsman Aakash Chopra recalled a match between India and South Africa in Dharamsala where ABD received a standing ovation from the crowd.
UPDATED ON MAY 21, 2021 07:31 AM IST
- Mohammad Amir has bowled several memorable spells during his career, but none comes close to the wreckage he caused in the final of the 2017 Champions Trophy.