us coronavirus case]
UPDATED ON AUG 16, 2021 04:17 PM IST
- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) last week authorized a third vaccine dose for immunocompromised people.
Bloomberg | | Posted by Shanza Khan, Branson, Us
PUBLISHED ON JUL 10, 2021 08:48 PM IST
Missouri’s delta outbreak has raised alarms nationally as the U.S. races to contain the variant, which is more transmissible than the original strain that ground the world to a halt and killed millions.
Reuters | , Seoul
PUBLISHED ON JUN 16, 2021 05:11 AM IST
Kim chaired a plenary meeting of the ruling Workers' Party's central committee on Tuesday to review progress on major policies and craft measures to resolve economic issues, according to the official KCNA news agency.
By Yashwant Raj, Hindustan Times, Washington/ New Delhi
PUBLISHED ON JUN 05, 2021 03:42 AM IST
- Of the 25mn doses US promised to partner nations, 19mn will go through Covax and 7mn will go to Asia
By Joydeep Bose | Edited by Avik Roy, New Delhi, Hindustan Times
PUBLISHED ON MAY 11, 2021 12:59 PM IST
Ivermectin is a medication mainly used to treat many types of parasite infections. The FDA found it necessary last year to issue a warning against Ivermectin's use in Covid-19 treatment, as the evidence is not solid enough to come to a conclusion based on small-scale studies.
PUBLISHED ON MAY 05, 2021 10:26 PM IST
Researchers warned the findings should not be considered forecasts of the most likely outcomes, yet instead are intended to help with planning and guiding public-health efforts.
By Shankhyaneel Sarkar | Edited by Avik Roy, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
PUBLISHED ON MAY 05, 2021 05:59 PM IST
- A study carried out by American polling company Gallup showed that in countries where people shunned vaccine skepticism and wanted to get vaccinated, governments in those nations have achieved limited success in their inoculation drives.
By Yashwant Raj, Washington
UPDATED ON MAY 02, 2021 01:25 AM IST
- A statement from the US state department on Friday said that the exemptions were made by secretary of state Antony Blinken by extending the National Interest Exceptions already in place for travel from Brazil, China, Iran and South Africa.
Reuters | , Washington
PUBLISHED ON MAY 01, 2021 01:24 PM IST
- The country has administered 240,159,677 doses of COVID-19 vaccines in the country and distributed 308,774,155 doses.
UPDATED ON APR 27, 2021 10:20 PM IST
- The new recommendations come with almost 30% of Americans fully inoculated and with increases in the daily Covid-19 caseload starting to slow
AFP | , Washington
PUBLISHED ON FEB 23, 2021 09:00 AM IST
- Why does the world's leading power have the highest death toll and what lessons are American health specialists learning from the past year?
AP | , Washington
PUBLISHED ON FEB 23, 2021 05:40 AM IST
- President Joe Biden held a sunset moment of silence and a candle-lighting ceremony at the White House and ordered American flags lowered at federal buildings for the next five days.
ANI | , Washington
PUBLISHED ON FEB 22, 2021 06:54 AM IST
The comments from Fauci come as the United States continues to remain the worst affected due to Covid-19.
PUBLISHED ON FEB 17, 2021 05:44 AM IST
- An AP investigation found a logistical breakdown at the heart of the perceived mask shortage, rooted in federal failures to coordinate supply chains and provide hospitals with clear rules about how to manage their medical equipment.
PUBLISHED ON FEB 12, 2021 09:06 PM IST
- State Attorney General Letitia James has also accused the Cuomo administration of undercounting Covid-19 deaths in nursing homes by as much as 50%, and of obscuring data available to assess the risk to patients.
AFP | , Washington
PUBLISHED ON JAN 27, 2021 04:29 AM IST
- The latest purchase would take the total number of Covid-19 doses ordered by the government to 600 million.
AFP | , Washington
PUBLISHED ON JAN 23, 2021 05:13 AM IST
- Biden added that he was looking forward to working with both parties in Congress to "move quickly" on getting people help through his rescue plan.
Los Angeles | By Agence France-Presse
PUBLISHED ON FEB 29, 2020 07:56 AM IST
The patient in the second case of community spread of COVID-19, as the virus is called, is an adult woman with chronic health issues.