PUBLISHED ON JUN 20, 2021 07:34 PM IST
- “Indian batsmen this morning,” Wasim Jaffer captioned his meme to indicate that the ball swung for longer than usual on Sunday.
UPDATED ON JUN 18, 2021 09:49 PM IST
- WTC Final: The delay in play gave a chance to Michael Vaughan to do that he often does on twitter, poke some fun and stoke a bit of fire.
PUBLISHED ON JUN 11, 2021 01:50 PM IST
- When Ashwin wanted fans to guess what Pujara was telling him, Jaffer decided to reply which had references of GoT and 'Gangs of Wasseypur.'
UPDATED ON JUN 08, 2021 10:41 AM IST
- Eng vs NZ 1st Test: Former India opener Wasim Jaffer too took a dig at England in his inimitable style on Twitter as he gave logic and also used a hilarious meme.
UPDATED ON MAY 29, 2021 08:01 AM IST
- Wasim Jaffer tagged Ravichandran Ashwin in his hilarious meme post on Twitter after ICC announced the playing conditions for the India vs New Zealand World Test Championship (WTC) final.
UPDATED ON MAY 28, 2021 01:24 PM IST
- He was recently asked to name one cricketer he would like to block on social media. And no prizes for guessing who he named.
By hindustantimes.com, New Delhi
PUBLISHED ON MAY 25, 2021 08:43 AM IST
Wasim Jaffer shared a meme in which the image involved two well-known umpires in Richard Kettleborough (of England) and Sri Lankan umpire, Kumar Dharmasena.
PUBLISHED ON MAY 24, 2021 10:48 PM IST
Domestic doyens Wasim Jaffer and Amol Muzumdar along with former India leg-spinner Sairaj Bahutule have applied for Mumbai head coach's post which has been vacated by Ramesh Powar.
PUBLISHED ON MAY 22, 2021 09:23 AM IST
- Pujara endured multiple blows to his body during his gritty 56-run innings as he bore the brunt of Australian pacers bowling consecutive bouncers to him.
ANI | , New Delhi
UPDATED ON MAY 20, 2021 10:12 PM IST
Bhuvneshwar's father Kiran Pal Singh passed away in Meerut on Thursday. He was a retired sub-inspector in the Uttar Pradesh police.
UPDATED ON MAY 17, 2021 08:02 PM IST
- Pat Cummins has emerged as a frontrunner to become Australia's next captain but with recent developments in the Sandpaper Gate scandal, Wasim Jaffer says one can't be sure as of now.
PUBLISHED ON APR 11, 2021 04:15 PM IST
- Wasim Jaffer's cryptic tweet ahead of the SRH vs KKR encounter has left the fans puzzled.
UPDATED ON MAR 28, 2021 04:17 PM IST
The last time India won the toss against England was in the 2nd T20I at the Narendra Modi Cricket Stadium in Ahmedabad.
By hindustantimes.com, New Delhi
UPDATED ON MAR 27, 2021 02:43 PM IST
- Wasim Jaffer put out a puzzling tweet on Saturday, signaling a couple of changes India should make for the third and final ODI against England.
PUBLISHED ON MAR 13, 2021 12:53 PM IST
- Former England captain Michael Vaughan and former India opener Wasim Jaffer indulged in a hilarious Twitter banter after England beat India by eight wickets in the first T20I in Ahmedabad.
UPDATED ON MAR 06, 2021 03:05 PM IST
Former India batsman Wasim Jaffer on Saturday took a jibe at England's batting line-up and hoped that the visitors would get a decent score in the second innings because there is nothing to complain about the pitch at the Narendra Modi Stadium.
UPDATED ON MAR 04, 2021 07:44 AM IST
Wasim Jaffer shared a photograph of England cricketers Stuart Broad, Mark Wood, Jonny Bairstow, former all-rounder Paul Collingwood and captain Joe Root staring at the pitch on offer in Ahmedabad for the fourth Test.
PUBLISHED ON FEB 28, 2021 11:31 AM IST
- India vs England: “Ashwin taking English wickets both on and off the field,” Wasim Jaffer tweeted quoting Ashwin’s reply to a question from an English journalist about the Ahmedabad pitch.
UPDATED ON FEB 20, 2021 07:38 AM IST
Wasim Jaffer's latest tweet was about Indian pitches and the Indian bowling unit. To describe that Indian bowlers Ashwin, Jadeja, Bumrah, Shami, Ishant, and Siraj can perform well on any surface, Jaffer shared a screenshot of what appeared to be a planet from the official streaming of NASA TV.
By Kalyan Das, Dehradun
PUBLISHED ON FEB 16, 2021 10:00 AM IST
- Uttarakhand CM Rawat ordered the inquiry after meeting the officials of CAU at his official residence in Dehradun at the weekend.
PUBLISHED ON FEB 14, 2021 01:04 PM IST
Wasim Jaffer used the witty hashtag 'uprooted' to sum up Joe Root's dismissal off India debutant Axar Patel during India vs England second Test in Chennai while sharing the meme on Twitter on Sunday.
By hindustantimes.com | Edited by Poulomi Ghosh
UPDATED ON FEB 13, 2021 02:23 PM IST
India belongs to all of us. Do not let them dismantle our unity, Congress leader Rahul Gandhi tweeted.
UPDATED ON FEB 12, 2021 05:37 PM IST
It wasn’t a surprise when India vice-captain Ajinkya Rahane was asked about his opinion on Jaffer and the charges of religious-bias against him. Rahane, however, shouldered arms and chose not to delve deep into the matter.
- Earlier, Uttarakhand team manager Navneet Mishra had alleged that Jaffer picked players based on their religion and created a communal atmosphere soon after the Mumbai and India opener had resigned as Uttarakhand’s coach on Tuesday citing interference in team selection.
UPDATED ON FEB 11, 2021 03:41 PM IST
Jaffer opened up on the issue after his resignation, saying that bringing the communal angle into it is very sad. He also alleged that there was 'interference and bias of selectors' in Uttarakhand cricket.
PUBLISHED ON FEB 10, 2021 08:54 PM IST
Wasim Jaffer said the charge that he favoured Muslim players, which was levelled by Cricket Association of Uttarakhand secretary Mahim Verma in a media report, had caused him immense pain.
PUBLISHED ON FEB 07, 2021 12:08 PM IST
Wasim Jaffer advised Kuldeep Yadav, who last played a Test match for India back in January 2019, not to lose hope and keep believing in his abilities.
PUBLISHED ON JAN 31, 2021 05:37 PM IST
And eminent players of the past, many of whom had used the country's premier domestic tournament as a platform to announce their arrival, sympathised with the current lot of cricketers but also agreed with the BCCI's unprecedented decision to not conduct the tournament for the first time since its inception in 1934-35.
UPDATED ON JAN 26, 2021 11:17 AM IST
While the likes of Virat Kohli, Sachin Tendulkar, Ravichandran Ashwin, and Virender Sehwag were among the most prominent Indian cricketers to extend their wishes, no one could come close to former India opener’s Wasim Jaffer’s tweet on Republic Day.
India vs Australia: Wasim Jaffer uses dialogue from ‘Bajirao Mastani’ in tweet to describe Jadeja’s sensational direct hit to run out Steve Smith at Sydney
Hindustan Times | By hindustantimes.com
UPDATED ON JAN 08, 2021 02:54 PM IST
Ravindra Jadeja, arguably the best outfielder in the world by a distance, ran in and hit the stumps directly with a one handed pick-up and throw. The all-rounder celebrated in style as it brought an end to a classic Test knock against the odds, something that has become Smith’s identity off late.