I quit Sasural Simar Ka because I wanted a break: Avika Gor
She started working as an actor at the age of eight, and became immensely popular on the small screen. Now, 18-year-old Avika Gor has quit her ongoing show, Sasural Simar Ka. She says she wants to indulge in other activities. Here, she talks about her television journey, her plan to make short films, and more.
Why did you quit your TV show?
After working non-stop for 10 years, I wanted a break. I took this step because I didn’t want to get fed up of acting altogether. I want to work on myself now. I want to learn new things. I haven’t signed any new show or film. I have turned 18, and I am doing well for myself. So, there is no pressure to earn money.
What do you plan to do during your sabbatical?
I will take guitar lessons, and maybe attend dance classes too. I haven’t decided which dance I want to learn though. I have activities planned for an entire month. Post that, I will produce a few short films and music videos. That will be my creative outlet, and will keep me in touch with the industry. I am also busy with my online screenplay-writing course.
Do you think your absence might be detrimental to your career?
I’m not concerned. People love me and will support me. I also have some work commitments. I have a Kannada film, which will release in May. I will miss being in touch with my fans, but they will see me in my short films. I want to figure out what I want to do. You never know, I might realise that I want to direct, and not act at all.
You were successful as a child actor, and have almost become a role model for aspiring child artistes...
This journey has been fabulous. When I started, I was eight. Back then, I had no idea what was going on, but I learnt a lot. People, till today, remember me as Anandi (her character from her debut show), even though I did that show for only two years, whereas I played Roli (her character from her latest show) for four years. The awards and appreciation felt great, but at that time, I didn’t realise the magnitude of all that. Today, when I look back, I feel blessed.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Vindu Dara Singh wrote a tender note on Rakhi Sawant's mother as the elderly lady gets treated for cancer.
- As Aly Goni celebrated his 30th birthday, his girlfriend Jasmin Bhasin took to Instagram and penned a sweet note for the Bigg Boss 14 finalist.
- Sidharth Shukla lashed out at a troll targeting him. The Bigg Boss 13 winner also gave a befitting reply to a troll commenting on his friendship with Shehnaaz Gill.
- Sunayana Fozdar, the new Anjali on Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah, has said she has played the character for just five months and have so much to give to the role.
- Weeks after calling her an "ugly mouth woman" on Bigg Boss 14, season winner Rubina Dilaik has now said she finds Jasmin Bhasin to be a beautiful lady.
- Bigg Boss 14 runners up Rahul Vaidya and his girlfriend, actor Disha Parmar were seen outside a restaurant in Mumbai. The two are likely to marry in June this year.
- Nakuul Mehta’s wife Jankee Parekh revealed how her life has changed after the birth of their son, Sufi. She said that she is busy with mommy duties, leaving her little time for social media activities.
- Gauahar Khan revealed her father has been admitted to a hospital. The actor took to Instagram and shared pictures of how her husband Zaid Darbar and in-laws are supporting her.
- After Instagram account Diet Sabya pointed out the similarities between Arshi Khan's look at the Bigg Boss 14 after-party and Lady Gaga's look at the MTV VMAs 2020, fans responded.
- Devoleena Bhattarcharjee, who did a brief stint on Bigg Boss 14 filling in for Eijaz Khan, has rubbished rumours that she was getting married in 2021.
- Aly Goni shared a happy picture with Jasmin Bhasin, his first after Bigg Boss 14 ended. The two fell in love on the popular reality show.
- Rubina Dilaik and Abhinav Shukla were on the verge of separation, but they rebuilt their relationship on Bigg Boss 14. Here's how.