Kashmera Shah defends Krushna Abhishek’s ‘biryani’ comment: ‘He wasn’t objectifying women’
Actor Kashmera Shah defended her husband, actor-comedian Krushna Abhishek, after he called her ‘biryani’. She insisted that he ‘wasn’t objectifying women’ and said that he is free to call her whatever he wants.
Last week, Krushna had shared a gorgeous picture of Kashmera in a black low-cut monokini and quipped that he has no interest in ‘dal makhani’ outside as he has ‘biryani’ at home. His comments did not go down too well with a section of Instagram users, who criticised him for comparing women to food.
Talking to The Times of India, Kashmera said, “Krushna is my husband and he can call me whatever he wants. He wasn’t objectifying women. He can call me Dal Makhani, nonsense, Nimbu Paani, whatever he wants as he is my husband, who are you to stop him? Aaye bade defend karne waale! These are the people who are bringing me down and then defending me. One moment they will praise someone, and the next moment they will bring that person down. They don’t have a real side. They have no backbone and no stand.”
Kashmera then went on to slam people who hide behind the anonymity of social media and troll others. She said that while she is unfazed by such criticism, it must be having an impact on school and college kids. She advocated the banning of fake profiles on Instagram.
Last week, Krushna had lauded Kashmera for her weight loss and said that she was back to being ‘hot’. “When you have Biryani at home why will you want Dal Makhani outside? So proud of you kash you are back to your hot self @kashmera1 #wife #hotness #kashisback,” he had written.
Kashmera had put on weight when she was trying to conceive and after welcoming twin boys through surrogacy, fitness took a backseat. She focussed her efforts on losing the extra weight in January this year and achieved her goal through a strict diet and exercise.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Shehnaaz Gill has said that because Sidharth Shukla is 'the complete package', girls constantly hit on him, which she thinks is a problem.
- Kamya Panjabi was married to businessman Bunty Negi for 10 years before she gave up and walked out of the marriage in 2013. In a new interview, she recalls the day she left.
- Sahil Anand, recently seen on Kasautii Zindagii Kay 2, announced that him and his wife Rajneet Monga are expecting their first child. Check out his post.
- Actor Anita Hassanandani has shared new pictures and videos of her newborn son, Aaravv. Check them out here.
- Meghan Markle has been accused of bullying Palace staff members during her stay in 2018. While the Kensington Palace said that it is investigating the claims, Meghan's friends are coming to her defense.
- Sidharth Shukla showered praise on Badshah and rumoured girlfriend Shehnaaz Gill's new music video, Fly.
- Rubina Dilaik has explained why she threw water on Rakhi Sawant in a fit of aggression on Bigg Boss 14.
- Former Bigg Boss contestants Devoleena Bhattacharjee, Rashami Desai, Vindu Dara Singh, Vikas Gupta and Rakhi Sawant met for a party. Vikas shared pics with a lovely note for Rakhi.
- Rakhi Sawant has said she does not like Abhinav Shukla at all, adding that she did not cross any limit when she pulled at his drawstrings inside Bigg Boss 14 house.