Aashiqui 2 changed my life overnight: Shraddha Kapoor
Three years ago, on this day (April 26), director Mohit Suri’s Aashiqui 2 released and turned things around for Shraddha Kapoor. The young actor, who was fairly new in Bollywood at that time, now has several hits to her credit. “That film changed my life overnight. It connected beautifully with so many people. It was truly overwhelming and unexpected,” says Shraddha.
The Bollywood actor says Aashiqui 2 was important for her because she was “a crazy fan” of Mohit’s work. “I always wanted to work with Mohit. I adore his films. We were to do a project together before Aashiqui 2, but it didn’t work out. He then approached me with this one, and I’m so glad he did,” says the actor, who is excited about her next film, Baaghi, opposite Tiger Shroff.
Shraddha says she is grateful to many people for her journey so far. “I want to thank all the people who stood by me. But, I also want to thank myself. It was not easy to take some of the decisions I took. It required a lot of courage. When you taste success at the beginning of your career, you become afraid of failing. So, taking risks becomes very difficult,” she says.
From her upcoming projects, she is thrilled about the sequel to Rock On!! (2008). “I feel fortunate to be part of the movie, because I will get to explore music a lot more [with it],” says Shraddha. While she’s been busy promoting her upcoming movie of late, Shraddha prefers maintaining a low profile usually. “When your movie is coming out, you have something to discuss. If I don’t have anything to say, then what do I come out and talk about? Also, I’ve been caught up with my films, so I haven’t really had the time [to get out]. I’ve been shooting non-stop.”
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor Khan, who welcomed their second son earlier this month, got a visit from Arjun Kapoor, Malaika Arora and Karisma Kapoor.
- Kangana Ranaut played hostess for the team of Tejas, as they went to her house on Sunday for a meeting. She shared pictures of the get-together, giving fans a glimpse of her home as well.
- Aamna Imran, dubbed as Aishwarya Rai's doppelgänger, took the internet by storm this weekend with her uncanny resemblance to the Bollywood actor. The Pakistani social media influencer has revealed that she has an Indian connect.
- Roohi actor Varun Sharma opened up about his love life in a recent interview. He recalled bonding with a girl he liked from school when his mother was busy watching Kasautii Zindagi Kay.
- Anil Kapoor reveals he had really looked forward to shooting a scene that had him taking a stand for his onscreen daughter, Priyanka Chopra, in the film Dil Dhadakne Do.
- Alia Bhatt has shared a sunshiny new picture on Instagram and she looks stunning as ever. Check it out and try to spot a cute little cat in the picture as well.
- Suhana Khan spent her Saturday night with friends in New York. Shah Rukh Khan's daughter took to her Instagram Stories and shared a glimpse of her whereabouts.
- Days after the trailer was released, Mumbai Saga makers have dropped its first song, titled Shor Machega. Yo Yo Honey Singh and Hommie Dilliwala sing the latest Bollywood song.
- Kangana Ranaut has shared a video of her brother and parents' Mumbai home which she transformed into a more lively place with the help of her new sister-in-law Ritu.
- Varun Dhawan and Shraddha Kapoor were spotted at the Mumbai airport on Sunday morning. The actors were headed to the Maldives, where Shraddha's cousin Priyaank is tying the knot.