Amitabh Bachchan’s residence Jalsa declared containment area, sealed
Amitabh Bachchan’s residence Jalsa has been declared a containment area and sealed by the BMC. Amitabh and son Abhishek Bachchan had tested positive for Covid-19 on Saturday and have been hospitalised. Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Aaradhya also tested positive for the virus, while Jaya Bachchan has tested negative. Jaya will be tested again later.
Amitabh and Abhishek were admitted to Nanavati hospital on Saturday. The 77-year-old actor confirmed his diagnosis on Twitter and asked people who have come in his contact in the last 10 days to get tested. Abhishek, 44, said both he and his father have mild symptoms and requested everybody to stay calm and not panic.
“I have tested COVID positive. Shifted to Hospital. Hospital informing authorities, family and staff undergone tests, results awaited,” Amitabh tweeted. “All that have been in close proximity to me in the last 10 days are requested to please get themselves tested,” he added.
He has been moved to the isolation ward of the Nanavati Hospital, sources told PTI. Soon after his father posted his tweet, Abhishek also tweeted, “Earlier today both my father and I tested positive for COVID 19. Both of us having mild symptoms have been admitted to hospital. We have informed all the required authorities and our family and staff are all being tested. I request all to stay calm and not panic. Thank you,” Abhishek tweeted. “The BMC has been in touch and we are complying with them,” he added.
Maharashtra Health Minister Rajesh Tope said both Amitabh and Abhishek underwent rapid antigen test. “Amitabh Bachchan ji and Abhishek had mild symptoms. They had cough and fever. They underwent rapid antigen test and (result) came positive. Since he (Amitabh) is co-morbid he has got himself admitted to the hospital. They both are normal. Their test was conducted today at the Nanavati hospital,” the minister told PTI.
Fans and his colleagues from the film industry posted their best wishes for the two actors. “Get well soon sir,” said veteran Malayalam actor Mammootty.
Amitabh has been active on social media through the lockdown, which began on March 25 to curtail the spread of Covid-19. The actor, who was roped in by the government in March to help spread awareness about the pandemic, has been frequently posting on Twitter and Instagram as well as his blog, sharing advice on a range of issues.
He was last seen in Shoojit Sircar’s Gulabo Sitabo, which released on streaming platform Amazon Prime Video last month.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Saif Ali Khan once said that he should've added a disclaimer to his son Taimur's name, after him and his wife, Kareena Kapoor, were criticised for picking that name.
- Bipasha Basu and Karan Singh Grover were in Maldives for a brief holiday and shared lots of pictures from the island nation. Check out their latest pictures here.
- As Shahid Kapoor turns 40, his wife Mira Rajput took to Instagram and penned a sweet birthday note for the actor.
- Actor Zareen Khan has spoken about how being compared unfavourably to Katrina Kaif early in her career affected her.
- Actor Kangana Ranaut in a new tweet called a group of youths 'primitive monkeys' for getting answers on history and current affairs wrong.
- Priyanka Chopra has amplified an author's tweet in which she'd shared pictures of yesteryear stars such as Dharmendra, Shammi Kapoor, Biswajit, Sadhna, Saira Banu, Asha Parekh and Sunil Dutt.
- A video of actor Sara Ali Khan arriving with gifts for Kareena Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan's second baby, has been shared online. Watch here.
- Time to Dance trailer continues the Indian dance film tradition of telling an engaging tale through a performing art form. Watch Isabelle Kaif in her debut role as Sooraj Pancholi makes a comeback.
- Bhumi Pednekar and Rajkummar Rao have completed a filming schedule of Badhaai Do. Announcing the wrap, the duo joined director Harshavardhan Kulkarni to make their own 'Pawri Ho Rahi Hai' video.
- Richa Chadha has shared a song featuring Aishwarya Rai and Salman Khan to express her sorrow on paying a huge price for getting her fuel tank filled.