Badhaai Ho my cleanest film, a quirky family entertainer, says Ayushmann Khurrana
Ayushmann interacted with the media here as the makers of Badhaai Ho hosted a baby shower for 50 expecting mothers, along with his co-actors Sanya Malhotra, Gajraj Rao, Neena Gupta, producer Priti Shahani and director Amit Ravindernath Sharma here on Wednesday.
Badhaai Ho revolves around an old couple becoming parents again. The comedy-drama features Ayushmann as the son of an elderly couple who find out that they would be turning parents for the third time.
“People have now started calling me men’s Grihshobha (women’s magazine) because I have been a part of films which depicted issues of men. But this (Badhaai Ho) is the cleanest film of mine because it is neither based on sperm donation (Vicky Donor) and nor based on erectile dysfunction (Shubh Mangal Saavdhan).
“You don’t have to tell your child what’s happening in the film while watching it... It’s a completely fun and quirky family entertainer,” said the actor.
Since Ayushmann plays a man whose parents are expecting a baby in old age, asked how he looks at this situation, Ayushmann said: “If this would have happened with me in my real life, then I also would have felt embarrassed but eventually it’s a decision of the mother and father.
“Our parents should have their own choices to lead their life, but it gets a bit too much when your parents are expecting a baby when you are all grown up but I think eventually it’s their decision.”
The film will release on October 19.
(This story has been published from a wire agency feed without modifications to the text. Only the headline has been changed.)
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Shah Rukh Khan's daughter, Suhana Khan, has shared a new picture on Instagram Stories, showing off her necklace collection.
- Sushant Singh Rajput's niece, Mallika Singh, shared precious memories with him on his birth anniversary. She said that she misses him ‘more than (he) can ever imagine’.
- Mira Rajput has shared new pictures from her Goa vacation with Shahid Kapoor. See her latest posts here.
- Kangana Ranaut criticised Twitter after a representative justified temporary restriction of her account, citing her now-deleted anti-Tandav tweet.
- Anil Kapoor was sceptical about playing Priyanka Chopra's father in Dil Dhadakne Do, as they were offered films as a romantic pair in the past. His son, Harsh Varrdhan Kapoor, convinced him to take up the role.
- Actor Tiger Shroff's sister, Krishna, has shared a special post on her 28th birthday, and Disha Patani is in awe. Check it out here.
- Actor Arjun Rampal has shared a new video with his son, Arik. His partner, Gabriella Demetriades, loves it.
- Varun Dhawan evaded commenting on his upcoming wedding with Natasha Dalal in Alibaug when photographers congratulated him. Watch the video here.
- Renuka Shahane, whose parents separated when she was eight years old, was ostracised by other children because she came from a 'broken family'.
- Late actor Sushant Singh Rajput's last co-star, Sanjana Sanghi, has paid tribute to him on his birth anniversary on Thursday.
- Sushant Singh Rajput's sister Priyanka Singh paid an emotional tribute to him on his birth anniversary. She appealed to him to respond as the 'eventuality of (his) silence is too loud to bear'.
- Actor Swara Bhasker has said that it is advisable to have a plan B in place before aspiring actors attempt to realise their Bollywood dreams.