Deepika Padukone teams up with Ananya Panday, Sidhant Chaturvedi for Shakun Batra’s relationship drama
Actors Deepika Padukone, Ananya Panday and Sidhant Chaturvedi have teamed up for Shakun Batra’s next film, filmmaker Karan Johar announced on Twitter. Labelling it “relationship drama”, the producer revealed that the untitled film is set to hit theatres on February 2012.
Karan tweeted, “He’s back with another dose of life & love! @deepikapadukone, @SiddhantChturvD & @ananyapandayy to star in @shakunbatra‘s next relationship drama releasing on 12th February 2021! Can’t wait to see this magic unfold!! @apoorvamehta18 @DharmaMovies.” Shakun’s last offering was Alia Bhatt-Fawad Khan-Sidharth Malhotra’s 2016 film Kapoor & Sons that also featured Rishi Kapoor in an important role.
After making a huge impact with his act beside Ranveer Singh as a rapper in Gully Boy, Sidhant has also bagged another big project - Bunty Aur Babli 2. Joining him will be debutante, Mumbai girl Sharvari, who has been prepping for her acting launch for the last one year. Writer-director Varun Sharma had said about the film, “Bunty Aur Babli 2 is completely set in today’s time. Siddhant caught everyone’s eye with his brilliant acting debut in Gully Boy (earlier this year) and became the heartthrob of the nation. We are very excited to have him play the role of Bunty. He is a superb actor, is extremely charming and he fits the role perfectly.”
Ananya, on the other hand, was recently seen in Pati Patni Aur Woh where she played the girlfriend of Kartik Aaryan’s middle-class husband. Bhumi Pednekar starred as Kartik’s wife in the film directed by Mudassar Aziz.
Deepika is currently promoting Meghna Gulzar’s film Chhapaak, where she essays the role of an acid attack survivor. The film is loosely based on the life of Delhi’s Laxmi Aggarwal and is slated to hit theatres on January 24. However, the makers announced the promotions won’t be held in Delhi in the wake of violence during protests against the Citizenship Amendment Act.
“We believe that it will be insensitive on our part to promote our film at a time when the nation and the city is going through an emotional upheaval and unrest. We pray for peace and harmony and regret the inconvenience caused by our absence but we hope you will understand,” the statement read. Deepika and director Meghna Gulzar made the announcement at a recent event.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Shahid Kapoor and his glamorous wife Mira Rajput rocked the airport look on Tuesday. See their pictures here.
- Suhana Khan shared another picture with her friends as she partied in New York. Just a day before, she had shared another photo picture with her friends.
- In an interview with Hindustan Times, Sharib Hashmi talks about The Family Man season 2, the experience of working with Kangana Ranaut on Dhaakad and more.
- Actor Anushka Sharma shared a post on mothers on the occasion of International Women's Day. She said that 'strong' and 'resilient ones' need to be celebrated.
- Kishwer Merchant dropped a comment on a video of Kangana Ranaut at the airport, asking, "How is this woman never in a mask?'
- Esha Deol revealed that while her mother Hema Malini did not cry at her 'bidaai', she could not hold back her emotions afterwards.
- Lisa Haydon, who is currently expecting her third child with husband Dino Lalvani, shared a special post featuring her 'very little woman' on International Women's Day.
- Aamir Khan and Elli AvrRam burn up the dance floor in the first teaser for their song, Har Funn Maula. Watch it here.
- Actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui's brother Shamas has reacted to news of that Nawaz and his wife, Aaliya, are willing to reconcile. Aaliya had accused Shamas of physical abuse.
- Kriti Sanon slipped and almost fell before a posing session for the paparazzi on Monday. Watch the video here.