Gully Boy: Pink actor Vijay Varma joins Ranveer Singh, Alia Bhatt as a rapper
Actor Vijay Varma, of Pink fame, is all set to play a rapper in Zoya Akhtar’s Gully Boy that also stars Ranveer Singh and Alia Bhatt.
Gully Boy is a story about four friends who are local rappers in the overcrowded bylanes of suburban Mumbai. Vijay is playing one of the rappers and he will share screen space with Ranveer, Alia and Kalki Koechlin in the film. Directed by Zoya Akhtar, the film went on floors last week.
Vijay will be seen playing childhood buddy to Ranveer Singh and while growing up together they turn out to be the best rappers in the vicinity. Zoya and Ranveer attended a few sessions of two street rappers, Naezy and Divine, who were the subjects of a documentary Bombay 70, while researching for the film. Gully Boy is reportedly inspired by the characters of Naezy and Divine.
Vijay is all geared up with his role and will soon start shooting for Gully Boy by next month. Vijay said in press statement, “Working with Zoya Akhtar is like a dream come true. She is one of the finest directors we have in the country and I am eagerly looking forward to shoot this one. Also sharing screen space with the mighty Ranveer Singh is gonna be fun.”
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Kangana Ranaut has posted a video from the sets of Tejas in which she can be seen training on a net. She plays an Indian Air Force pilot in the film.
- Kareena Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan tied the knot in 2012. At the time, Brad Pitt wished the couple 'all the luck' on their marriage.
- Kangana Ranaut took to Twitter and dropped a vague description of a man who she believes is running a social media smear campaign against her.
- Swara Bhasker lashed out at a man who made an unsavoury comment about her being on the cover of Vogue magazine. She called him a "pretentious half-wit pretending to be ‘elite’".
- Rohan Shrestha's father, Rakesh Shrestha, said that he would be very happy if his son and Shraddha Kapoor decide to get married.
- Rakesh Roshan took to social media and revealed he received the first dose of the Covid-19 vaccine shot. He also pointed out the uniqueness of the day.
- Alia Bhatt took to Instagram and shared new production pictures from the upcoming movie Brahmastra. The actor stars with Ranbir Kapoor and Amitabh Bachchan in the movie.
- Actor Hazel Keech, the wife of cricketer Yuvraj Singh, announced that she is going on a social media detox. She said that she will be back but 'not too soon'.