Kangana Ranaut says National Awards’ credibility will be questioned if Manikarnika doesn’t win
Actor Kangana Ranaut, who was last seen in Manikarnika - The Queen of Jhansi, says that if she does not receive a National film Award for her portrayal of Rani Lakshmibai in the historical drama, then it will lead to questions on their credibility.
Interacting with media at her 32nd birthday celebrations here on Saturday, Kangana, who has earlier won the National award for Fashion, Queen and Tanu Weds Manu Returns, asked whether she is expecting another for this film, said, “I feel there are certain things which if you will not respect, then it is, in turn, disrespectful for that organisation itself.
“So, if I or my film Manikarnika... doesn’t win at National film awards, then it will question credibility of that award ceremony but if I come across other good work then, I will be objective enough to say it’s better than me.
“I think last year, Tabu ji gave an amazing performance in Andhadun. I am floored by what she has done. I think in coming year, it will be revealed. If there will be a better performance than Manikarnika, I will definitely appreciate that but I don’t think it will happen.”
Kangana recently was out of the city for few days as she went to Coimbatore on a spiritual journey with some intense meditation plans. She was on ten-days of silence meditation which even included staying away from modern communication gadgets.
Talking about her experiences, she said, “I am glad to know that my presence was missed. I think media people were affected a lot when I was out of the city. I feel everyone should take their time out for themselves. In our culture, spirituality was something that we actively pursued but today’s generation is not aware of that.
“They visit life coaches, therapists and psychiatrists for their mental peace but they do not know how to work on their inner well being so, I would like to encourage people to turn towards spirituality. Earlier, I didn’t used to tell anyone but now I talk about it. I feel it helps people to connect them with their inner self. It helps to enhance your stamina, concentration, focus and intellect.”
Kangana will be next seen in Mental Hai Kya along with Rajkummar Rao. It is produced by Ekta Kapoor and directed by Prakash Kovelamudi.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Twitter users reacted after Kangana Ranaut shamed 'achievers' of today for wearing 'torn American jeans and rags like blouses'. Some found pictures of Kangana herself wearing the clothes that she described.
- Sunny Leone 'found' husband Daniel Weber wearing nothing but a strategically placed hat, and decided to shoot a video of him for her Instagram followers.
- The trailer for Flight, a new film starring Mohit Chadda, has been released. Watch here.
- Shabana Azmi shared a rare throwback picture from the golden era. While there are number of well-known faces in the picture, she mentioned how she failed to recall who the Soviets were in the picture.
- A video of Shraddha grooving to Stree song Kamariya during her birthday celebrations in Maldives has appeared online.
- Ibrahim Ali Khan attended the wedding of Punjab CM Amarinder Singh's granddaughter recently, and pictures of him having a good time have surfaced online.
- Priyanka Chopra and mother Madhu Chopra were recently spotted taking a walk on a London street. The actor is in the UK for the shooting of spy series, Citadel.
- Tiger Shroff, mom Ayesha Shroff, sister Krishna Shroff and rumoured girlfriend Disha Patani came together for the actor's birthday dinner.
- Shraddha Kapoor turns 34 on Wednesday and to celebrate we are revisiting the time she told her father, Shakti Kapoor, how proud she was of him.
- Here's a video of almost-baby Tiger Shroff, taking to the stage with his father, Jackie, back in the early 1990s.
- The creatives behind an apparel advertisement featuring Deepika Padukone have been accused of plagiarism by Yeh Ballet filmmaker Sooni Taraporevala, who has called the incident 'intellectual theft'.
- Fans have once again spotted similarities between Tiger Shroff's character in Heropanti 2, and Agent 47 in the Hitman video game series. A new poster for the film debuted on Tuesday.
- Kajol celebrated the completion of one year of her short film, Devi. She mentioned how the film could still make her emotional.
- Several Twitter users pointed out that the poster for the upcoming Saina Nehwal biopic, starring Parineeti Chopra, appears to show an incorrect serve action.