Second innings on their mind
A bevy of actors are ready for their comeback in Bollywood
last seen in: Mere Jeevan Saathi (2006)
The actor will be returning with filmmaker Vikram Bhatt’s Dangerous Ishq, a woman-centric supernatural thriller. Karisma, who hasn’t worked in Bollywood since her marriage to Delhi-based industrialist, Sunjay Kapur in 2003, says: “The script is very interesting and working in the 3D format will be a new experience for me.” The actor may also sign the remake of Satte pe Satta and do an item number in long time friend and producer Sajid Nadiadwala’s next, Housefull 2.
last seen in: Sandwich (2006)
Though she recently did an item song in Bbuddah Hoga Terra Baap, the actor was quoted as saying: “It isn’t really a comeback. It’s just something I did for fun.” She is currently filming for Sojan Joseph’s Alert, in which she plays a controversial, corporate lobbyist, reportedly based on the life of lobbyist Niira Radia. “I play a wholesome role in the film,” Raveena was quoted as saying.
last seen in: Paathshaala (2010)
After marrying hotelier and builder Farhan Azmi in March 2009, Ayesha, who has worked in films such as Dor, Salaam-e-Ishq and Wanted, took a break from acting. But now the actor is ready for her second innings. After completing her first film post-marriage, Nagesh Kukunoor’s Mod, Ayesha will play the leading lady in Rumy Jaffery’s next venture, Gali Gali Mein Chor Hai, that has actor Akshaye Khanna in the lead.
last seen in: Judaai (1997)
After a hiatus of almost 14 years, Sridevi will make her comeback with English Vinglish, being directed by debutant director Gauri Shinde, wife of Paa director R.Balki. Sridevi, reportedly plays a housewife, who enrolls for an English speaking course to please her family. “When I heard the script, I fell in love with it,” she was quoted as saying. The film will also see actor Amitabh Bachchan in a cameo role.
last seen in: Heroes (2008)
Preity, known for her powerful performances in films such as Dil Chahta Hai, Kal Ho Na Ho and Veer Zaara, will return with her maiden production, Ishq In Paris. Reportedly, Preity will play a half Indian-half French girl in the film, being directed by Prem Soni. The actor has been brushing up on her French language and got trained under Hollywood celebrity trainer Tracy Anderson for the film.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Janhvi Kapoor, who will be seen next in Roohi, said that viewers are not 'obligated' to love her and the onus is on her to give them a reason to. She added that she is working hard to win everyone over.
- Priyanka Chopra and her pet dog Diana are soaking up the sun in London, where the actor is shooting for the Amazon series Citadel, in which she plays a spy.
- Ranbir Kapoor and Alia Bhatt were clicked at an ad shoot with director Gauri Shinde. Check out some behind-the-scenes photos from the shoot here.
- Salman Khan said he feels 'awkward' and 'embarrassed' but at the same time, 'delighted' and 'honoured', to have his painting displayed alongside legends at an art show.
- Dr. Shriram Nene prepared a homemade pizza for Madhuri Dixit. As he shared a picture of it on Instagram, many of their fans showered compliments.
- Sara Ali Khan took to Instagram and revealed that she and her mother Amrita Singh visited Ajmer Sharif Dargah on Friday.
- Parineeti Chopra shared a new song - Matlabi Yariyan - from her upcoming film, The Girl On The Train. The actor has sung the soulful ballad. Watch here.
- Sara Ali Khan and her mother Amrita Singh were seen twinning in green at Mumbai airport on Thursday. See their pictures here.
- Sharmila Tagore had once talked about how Kareena Kapoor had her birthday when Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi was hospitalised but chose not to draw attention towards herself.
- Mumbai Saga trailer has John Abraham and Emraan Hashmi locking horns with Mumbai streets as the arena. Watch the trailer here.