Mindtree shares close over 1% higher as net profit jumps
Shares of IT firm Mindtree closed over 1 per cent higher on Tuesday after the company reported a 65.7 per cent rise in its consolidated net profit for the December 2020 quarter.
The stock closed at ₹1,680.30, a gain of 1.19 per cent on the BSE. During the day, it gained 5.96 per cent to ₹1,759.70.
On the NSE, it gained 1.11 per cent to close at ₹1,682. Mindtree on Monday reported a 65.7 per cent rise in its consolidated net profit to ₹326.5 crore for the December 2020 quarter, and said its deal pipeline continues to be healthy and strong.
The Bengaluru-based company had posted a net profit of ₹197 crore in the year-ago period. Its revenue grew 3 per cent to ₹2,023.7 crore in the quarter under review, from ₹1,965.3 crore in the year-ago period.
"We have been working on improving our operational parameters since last year. On a quarter-on-quarter basis, there has been progress made that has helped us in terms of improving our margins," Mindtree Chief Financial Officer Vinit Teredesai said during an earnings briefing.
Teredesai added that this is a continuous journey that the firm will continue to pursue, and it aligns with the company's strategy of delivering profitable growth.
On a sequential basis, net profit grew 28.7 per cent and revenue was up 5.1 per cent.
In dollar terms, Mindtree saw its net profit rising 59.3 per cent to USD 44.2 million, while revenue declined marginally to USD 274.1 million in the December 2020 quarter over the year-ago period.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- At a time when petrol and diesel prices are at an all-time high, and taxes have a bigger component in the retail price than the base price of the fuels, it is worth revisiting the debate on bringing petrol and diesel under the ambit of GST.
- The ECIR is reportedly based on an FIR filed by the Chennai police under Section 420 of the IPC on the basis of a complaint by the Chennai Financial Markets and Accountability (CFMA), an organisation that fights for investors’ rights.
- Shipments in the December quarter grew at a higher rate of 198% annually with 15.2 million units.
- The companies are also opting for large boxes for storage, with around 400,000-plus sq. ft being the average demand.
- The latest acquisition is Delaporte’s boldest move to spur growth after the company ceded its position as India’s third-largest software services provider to HCL Technologies Ltd.
- The Bengaluru-based online retailer has been weighing a US initial public offering and it’s now also looking at other options, the people said.
- While the base price of petrol is ₹33.26 per litre, it attracts ₹32.90 a litre central excise and ₹21.04 per litre local levies in Delhi.
- As per SBI’s official website, the properties that are included in the auctions are those of defaulters who failed to pay their dues.
- Here’s how you can calculate the EPF interest