3-year-old girl raped, murdered in UP’s Lakhimpur Kheri, third such incident in 20 days
The post-mortem of a three-year-old girl has confirmed she was raped before her murder in Uttar Pradesh’s Lakhimpur Kheri district, a police officer said on Friday. The girl’s body was found on Thursday in a sugarcane field near her village and police initially suspected the murder to be linked to enmity between two families.
Lakhimpur Kheri police superintendent Satendra Kumar said a panel of three doctors, who conducted the post-mortem, has confirmed sexual assault. He added the Indian Penal Code’s sections related to rape and charges under the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act have been added in the First Information Report (FIR) filed in the case based on the post-mortem report.
Kumar said the girl’s family had earlier alleged she was kidnapped and murdered due to old enmity and named one person from their village in the FIR.
Another police officer, who has been involved in the investigation, said the girl went missing on Wednesday and her body was found with multiple injury marks on Thursday. He added the post-mortem report findings confirmed that the girl was strangled using some cloth after being raped.
The second officer said a suspect was last spotted in the sugarcane field and disappeared after sensing trouble. He added the region is full of sugarcane fields, where the suspect is apparently hiding. The second officer said four teams were conducting a combing operation in the fields to arrest the suspect.
Three minor girls have been raped and murdered in Lakhimpur Kheri since August 14, when the first such case involving a 13-year-old girl was reported. Two men were arrested in connection with the first case. A 17-year-old Dalit girl was found dead with her throat slit in a pond outside her village on August 25.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- "Every district has set up five such centres today. However, there are 19 such centres in Thane district due to higher demand there. There are 189 such centres in the state exclusively for vaccinating women," the official said.
- The knowledge base and resources of the premier institutions of the country will be leveraged to bring in a transformational change in the rural developmental process, as per the programme objectives
- The government notice asks him to deposit ₹5,430,000 as rent for the bungalow, pending since November 2019, at a rate of ₹10,000/day.
- The victim reported this to another police officer and that’s how the matter came to the knowledge of Alwar SP, who asked for filing a case against the accused SI.
- In case of PMBJP, procurement is done directly through drug manufacturers by asking them to compete in tender.
- Several party leaders are putting their best foot forward in order to stake a claim to lead the party in the state, said party leaders.
- Communities like the Dhakkaligas are one of the hundreds, if not thousands, whose lives have not changed with the image of India, whose economic might is often showcased worldwide.
- Pramod Muthalik, a controversial right-wing leader in Karnataka, said he had approached several BJP leaders to seek support for a ticket