Be what you want to be
In this New Year, are you ready to get rid of certain aspects of your life? Are you willing to create a new, improved and fresh life for yourself? Would you like to learn a proven method of investing just five minutes every day to achieve your next goal? Don’t worry, I won’t ask you to buy anything or go somewhere or use any previous expertise to make this work for you. You already possess the most important tool to make this work and that tool is your brain. With this magnificent tool, you can become anything, do anything, and have anything that you possibly want.
Here is how you go about this life changing process:
Choose a small goal: Yes, pick up a goal that is just a wee bit beyond your comfort level. Something that feels easily achievable. But it must be something that you really desire. Something that will bring you joy, because only those goals are worth striving for which bring us joy.
Declare your intent: Once a day, preferably in the morning, write down your goal in a short sentence. For example, “I intend to increase my earnings by 10% in two months from now”. Choose your own words that appear good to you. Your heart must agree with what you are writing.
Celebrate your success: After writing down your goal statement, mentally place yourself in the future where your goal has already been accomplished. Feel the happiness and the excitement you will feel at that time. Stay in this positive feeling for a couple of minutes. Let this feeling fill you up with positivity and happiness.
Ask advice from your future self: Looking back from that moment in future where you are celebrating your accomplishment, advise your present self to take just one action today that will take you closer to your goal. The ‘future you’ knows what steps need to be taken to access that future. Trust his wisdom. As soon as the answer comes to you, write it down, and take that action sometime during the day. When you take the action, your subconscious mind gets convinced that you are serious about your goal.
Repeat the above steps everyday: Work on one goal at a time, following the same steps, until you have achieved that goal. Don’t change your goals every day. However, the action to be taken may differ each day. Once a goal is achieved, choose another one and continue creating your dream life. Remember that persistence is the most important attribute for achieving success in life. If you give up before realising your objective, it means that you don’t really desire it and it doesn’t bring joy to you. Take a re-look at your written statement and reframe it. Or change your goal to one which resonates more completely with you.
All the best for your empowered life!
The author is a life-skills coach, time-line therapist, and new consciousness writer. Contact: chitrajhaa@ gmail.com
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Less than ten days after the University of Mumbai released a circular asking colleges to conduct exams for first year post graduate batches by March 10, the varsity released another circular postponing the deadline to March 30, giving colleges a breather.
- The Bihar government on Tuesday admitted in the state assembly that the enrolment of students in the government and government-aided schools had declined by 40 lakh in 2018-19 compared to 2014-15.
- The recruitment examinations include the West Bengal Civil Service exam, West Bengal Audit, and Accounts Service exam, and West Bengal Civil Service main exam 2020.
- AIIMS INI CET July 2021 Session: Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the INI-CET 2021 examination online at aiimsexams.org on or before March 31, 2021, until 5 pm.
- Maharashtra Public Service Commission (MPSC) has released the hall ticket or admit card for MPSC State Services Prelims exam 2020.
- UP Board, will conduct its class 10 (high school) and class 12 (intermediate) examinations-2021 at 729 additional centres spread across the state as compared to last year owing to the Covid pandemic.
- FCI Recruitment 2021: Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the positions online at fci.gov.in on or before March 31, 2021, until 4 pm.