Coronavirus threat: Delhi govt orders closure of all primary schools till March 31
In the wake of coronavirus threat, the Delhi government on Thursday ordered the closure of all primary schools in the state till March 31.
All government, aided, private, MCD and NDMC schools will remain closed till March 31 to prevent the possibility of spread of COVID- 19 among children.
Delhi deputy chief minister Manish Sisodia tweeted,” As a precautionary measure to prevent the possibility of spread of COVID-19 amongst our children, Delhi Government has directed immediate closure of all primary schools (Govt/ aided/ private/MCD/NDMC) till 31/3/20.”
In India, 30 positive cases have been reported so far, including 16 Italian tourists.The virus has claimed over 3,000 lives all over the world besides infecting more than 90,000 people.
Earlier on Thursday, the Delhi government advised head of departments (HoDs), autonomous bodies and municipal corporations to suspend the biometric attendance system.
“A letter has been written to principal secretaries, secretaries, autonomous bodies and municipal corporations for the suspension of biometric attendance in view of coronavirus threat,” an official told PTI.
Also watch: 29 coronavirus cases in India; PM Modi monitoring situation: Harsh Vardhan
A resident of Mayur Vihar was the first positive case reported in Delhi who infected six of his family members in Agra. 88 people who were in contact with the patient are under observation, the government said.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- JEE Main 2021 March session: Interested and eligible candidates can apply for JEE mains 2021 March session online at jeemain.nta.nic.in.
- ICAI CA May exam 2021: Candidates can check the ICAI CA May examination schedule for the Foundation course online at icai.org.
- The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has invited online applications for lateral recruitment of Joint Secretary and Director level officers (Group ‘A’) in different ministries/departments with headquarters at New Delhi.
- TNUSRB constable marks 2020: Candidates who have not cleared the TNUSRB constable recruitment examination can check their marks online at tnusrbonline.org.
- The Indian Institute of Technology Jammu on Friday entered into a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Army's Northern Command providing innovative solutions through exhaustive research and development in Jammu and Kashmir, an official said.
- The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) on Friday released a revised date sheet for Class 10 and Class 12 board exams 2021.
- Delhi Subordinate Staff Selection Board on Thursday released an advertisement to fill more than 1800 vacancies under various departments under the Govt of NCT of Delhi.
- Anna University has released the TANCET 2021 hall ticket/admit card on Friday March 5, 2021.