IIT Kanpur students design development board for science projects
Students of Indian Institute of Technology-Kanpur have developed a ‘multifunctional development board’that can act as a platform to conduct research and teaching, learning and developing Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) skills.
evive, the electronic prototyping platform that transforms the way people want to make anything, has been developed by four students of IIT Kanpur.
Abhishek Sharma, Dhrupal R Shah, Pankaj Verma and Akshat Agarwal, who once struggled with science projects, came together to plug the problems for others.
“evive offers endless possibilities of making a variety of interesting projects in most efficient and user-friendly way. Make whatever you want, robots, experimental setups, home automation systems, electronic devices, industrial automation systems and what not,” Sharma, co-founder of the product, said.
The developers define three essential pillars to making “learning better, building easier and debugging smarter” and have attempted to transform them with this platform.
“With its interactive user interface, evive makes learning a fun-filled skill development experience,” Shah, CEO and co-founder of the company, said.
Building and prototyping require integrating a wide variety of components together, usually through complex wiring.
“With this all-in-one platform, beginners can take their first step into the world of embedded systems by operating on a variety of hardware using evive’s plug and play interface, hobbyists can make a wide range of projects using its power and communication modules and researchers can analyse their endeavours using its sensing, plotting and logging capabilities,” Verma, CPO and co-founder, said.
With Arduino MEGA at its heart, evive offers a novel way of interacting with hardware using its intuitive visual interface.
“The accurate current and voltage sensing capabilities let you collect and analyse data from your projects. The whole world of IoT, along with power supplies, support for sensors and actuators, a prototyping hub and a lot more is available in one small portable unit. It saves your time and allows you to focus more on creativity and innovation,” said Akshat Agarwal, CTO and Co-founder.
evive is available on Indiegogo, a global crowdfunding platform. You can visit http://igg.me/at/evive to know more about the product.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The decks have been cleared for starting the recruitment process for filling 1,894 posts of principals and assistant teachers in 3,049 government- aided junior high schools across the state.
- This new centre would function as a not-for-profit centre dedicated to build requisite entrepreneurial skills among youths and equip them with the necessary capacity to take entrepreneurial ventures in their lives, he added.
- BSEB exams 2021: Bihar students alleged the state education board for playing with their future just for sticking to its exam calendar. Students also cried that unlike other education boards, BSEB has not reduced syllabus which has added to their woes.
- AP EAMCET 2020: The window to choose option of colleges for candidates who have passed the Andhra Pradesh Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test 2020 (AP-EAMCET) has opened.
- The Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) will conduct the Combined State/ Upper Subordinate Services (Main) Examination -2020, commonly known as PCS (Main)-2020, from Thursday to January 25 in Prayagraj, Lucknow and Ghaziabad.
- Moradabad Association of Private Schools has put up posters of "no fees-no exams" outside the schools in the city.
- According to notification released, the 3rd phase of 1st Stage Computer Based Test (CBT-1) will be held from January 31 to February 12 for around 28 lakh candidates.
- IBPS PO Prelims scores 2020-21: Candidates who had appeared in the online preliminary exam to recruit PO) management trainees can check their results on the official website of IBPS.
- Institute of Banking Personnel on Wednesday declared the results and cutoff marks for PO/MT-X on its official website -ibps.in
- Board Exams 2021: The fact checking team of Press Information Bureau (PIB) has refuted the claims of a post circulating in social media regarding reduction of passing percentage in board exams 2021
- Allahabad High Court UP HJS Recruitment 2021: High Court of Judicature at Allahabad has invited online applications for recruitment against 98 vacancies of district judge (UP HJS).