IIT Kharagpur students secure 276 pre-placement offers
Notwithstanding the COVID-19 challenges, IIT Kharagpur students have received 276 pre- placement offers (PPOs) from top companies, a spokesperson of the institute said on Wednesday.
Companies such as Barclays, Goldman Sachs, Honeywell, Microsoft, MasterCard, Dr Reddy, Tata Steel offered more than 10 PPOs each, the institute’s Career Development Centre chairperson professor A Rajakumar said.
“Key components of this success are technical skills of the students, the flexible online internship plan and long-lasting relation with the company partners. This is the highest number among all other top academic institutes in India in spite of the current economic condition,” Rajakumar said.
For the 2020-21 placement drive, over 2,100 students have already registered.
Despite the economic constraints, companies are showing tremendous faith in us. More than 200 entities are expected to participate in the first phase of the recruitment drive starting from December 1, the spokesperson said.
For initial days, 25-27 per cent core companies, 65 per cent software and 10 per cent consulting firms opened up prospects for the IIT Kharagpur students, Rajakumar said.
Around 30 companies participated on day one. Final year students have already received more than 130 placement offers, the spokesperson said.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- State Bank of India (SBI) on Friday released the admit card for the specialist cadre officers (SCO) at its official website, sbi.co.in.
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has invited online applications for recruitment against 241 Vacancies for the post of security guard. Aspirants can apply online till February 12 at rbi.org.in.
- As per the amendment, the total number of centres will not be increased more than 10% as compared to last year
- Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has declared the results of Indian Economic Services/Indian Statistical Services written exam on its official website -upsc.gov.in. The written exam was held in October 2020
- Staff Selection Commision (SSC) on Friday released the final answer key of Convinced Higher Secondary Level (CHSL) 2019 tier 1 exam on its official website- ssc.nic.in.
- Chhattisgarh Board of Secondary Education (CGBSE) on Friday released the exam schedule for its class 10th and 12th board exams. The schedule has been uploaded on the official website-cgbse.nic.in.
- MU is one of many higher education institutes across the country which chose to conduct convocation ceremonies virtually this year.
- Parents from across the state have written to the National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) over issues pertaining to private schools in the state.