JNU set to promote study of Rigveda and Upanishads
Jawaharlal Nehru University will launch an endowment fund with the help of a Non-Residential Indian (NRI) professor, Madan Gopal Seth, to promote research activities in the study of the Rigveda and the Upnishads.
Seth, an Indian citizen, promised to establish the “Sungum Sudhaar Scholarship” with the extension of a corpus fund of Rs three crore to help the university start a research programme in the ancient Indian texts and their philosophy.
“Professor Seth is an ardent supporter of hidden treasures of Vedic and Upanishadic literature and their deep philosophical meanings, which he considers as pillars of Bhartiya wisdom,” the university said in a statement.
“The goal of this endowment is to support the best young minds at JNU to explain and spread the eternal values of Vedic and Upanishadic thinking which... can dispel the darkness of ignorance,” it added.
The endowment money will be used to fund one to three students every year for those pursuing Ph D in the university in the area concerning philosophy of Rigveda. The varsity will also sponsor a visit for an international and a national candidate doing research in the same subject to JNU.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Three students of the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bombay, who had last year discovered the closest asteroid to have crossed the earth without touching it, have been recognised by the Astronomical Society of India (ASI).
- The Supreme Court on Wednesday imposed a hefty fine of ₹five crore on a medical college in Uttar Pradesh for illegally admitting MBBS students.
- The Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB) matriculation examination, which began on February 17, concluded on Wednesday.
- Overall, the JEE Main Paper 1 in the evening shift was easy and balanced.
- CSBC Bihar constable admit card 2021: Candidates who have registered for the CSBC Bihar constable recruitment examination 2021 can download their hall tickets online at csbc.bih.nic.in.
- Candidates who have appeared in the preliminary examination can check their results online at delhihighcourt.nic.in.
- HSSC Art and Craft Teacher results 2021: Candidates who have appeared in the HSSC Art and Craft Teacher recruitment exam can check their results online at hssc.gov.in.
- Rajasthan RVUNL Recruitment 2021: Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the positions online at energy.rajasthan.gov.in on or before March 16, 2021.
- NTPC AE Recruitment 2021: Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the positions online at ntpccareers.net on or before March 10, 2021.
- ICSI CS Professional, Executive results 2020: Once the results are announced, candidates who have appeared in the ICSI CS examination 2020 will be able to check their results online at icsi.edu.
- RBI Office Attendant Recruitment 2021: Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the positions online at rbi.gov.in on or before March 15, 2021.