Bigg Boss 14: Vikas Gupta and Jasmin Bhasin argue on social media over Aly Goni's alleged homophobia
- Vikas Gupta took to Twitter to share 'proof' of Aly Goni's homophobia, which Jasmin Bhasin didn't take quietly.
Vikas Gupta, who is poised to re-enter Bigg Boss 14 for the second time, has entered into a Twitter back-and-forth with former contestant Jasmin Bhasin. The issue was Aly Goni's perceived homophobic comments directed at Vikas, who is openly bisexual.
Sharing a clip from an episode, in which Vikas suggested that Aly referred to him as 'Pavitra bhabhi', he wrote, "Pavitra Bhai Ho Ya Pavitra Bhabhi Insaan Ho (It doesn't matter if you're a male or female, what matters is if you're a decent person). Disappointed to see that being called a woman is derogatory to these idiots. This clip showed people for who they really are. @AlyGoni Thankyou for finding me beautiful & calling me a woman, it’s a compliment."
Responding to this, Jasmin countered by saying that Aly, whom she is said to be in a relationship with, was referring not to Vikas, but to Pavitra Punia, another former contestant.
Vikas didn't seem to buy it. He shared another clip as evidence of Aly's homophobia, and wrote, "Pls watch this cause I don’t recall any cricket game being played on our new year party. It’s not about calling me names like #Chakka or the insensitivity but the fear of the same treatment to the younger LGBT community Thankyou Jasmine for clearing pavitra misunderstanding."
In the clip, Aly appeared to use a slur directed at Vikas, who had recently left the show for medical reasons. His return has raised some doubts over the show's authenticity. Several contestants have left and re-entered the show this season.
Calling out this practice, former contestant Kashmera Shah said in an interview to The Times of India, "Very honestly, I don’t like this entering and exiting policy at all because the authenticity of the show gets compromised. I love watching Bigg Boss and have always followed the show. When people exit, they get to know people who were genuine friends and people who weren’t; they also understand their game."
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- In a viral video, Rahul Vaidya of Bigg Boss 14 is seen narrating an incident about how he met Shah Rukh Khan's son Aryan at a city lounge and how the singer was impressed by star kid's humility and patience.
- Aly Goni has posted a new photo with close friend and Bigg Boss 14 co-contestant Jasmin Bhasin. Check it out here.
- Former Bigg Boss 14 contestant Kavita Kaushik has shared screenshots of the abusive messages she received on social media. "Call them out! Expose them!" Kavita wrote.
- Kishwer Merchant and Suyyash Rai announced on Tuesday that they are expecting their first child. Check out their Instagram posts.
- Amazon Prime Video has issued a new apology over the legal cases surrounding the political drama Tandav. Read it here.
- Late Pratyusha Banerjee's ex-boyfriend, Rahul Raj Singh, has said that he is waiting for the day that karma punishes Kamya Panjabi and Vikas Gupta. Both Vikas and Kamya have spoken against Rahul in Pratyusha's suicide case.
- Rubina Dilaik, Abhinav Shukla, Nikki Tamboli, Arshi Khan, and Jaan Kumar Sanu attended a Bigg Boss 14 bash thrown by Rahul Mahajan and his wife, Natalya.
- Bigg Boss 14 contestant Jasmin Bhasin took to Twitter to urge her fans to not spread negativity. Her tweet came amid social media wars between her fans and those of Rubina Dilaik.
- Cricketer-turned-actor Salil Ankola shares how he was rushed to the hospital after facing breathlessness, soon after testing positive for coronavirus.
- Rubina Dilaik shared a throwback swimsuit photo of herself and said that she really wants to go on a vacation. However, her husband Abhinav Shukla had a funny response.
- Rakhi Sawant hosted a party on Monday, which was attended by a number of her Bigg Boss 14 co-contestants, including Nikki Tamboli, Jaan Kumar Sanu, Vikas Gupta and Rahul Mahajan.
- Prince Harry has said that his and wife Meghan Markle's decision to take a step back from the royal family was exacerbated by a desire to not have history repeat itself. He did not want to be overwhelmed by media scrutiny in the way that his mother, Diana, was.
- Nikki Tamboli has both defended and made certain clarifications about accusing Jaan Kumar Sanu of kissing her on Bigg Boss 14.