Priyanka Chopra wedding predictions: What her bridal lehenga may look like
When it comes to lavish celebrity weddings, 2018 has definitely delivered. In one of the most high-profile weddings of the year, actors Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh were married on November 14-15 in Lake Como, Italy. But there’s one celebrity wedding on the horizon that seems to have eclipsed all others, we’re assuming you’ve guessed by now, but we’ll say it anyway: Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas’. The countdown to the much talked-about wedding in Jodhpur kickstarted with Wednesday’s family puja at the Mumbai home of Priyanka’s mother, Madhu Chopra, also attended by Nick’s brother Joe Jonas and his fiancé Sophie Turner.
From an over-the-top bridal shower and an epic bachelorette trip to Amsterdam to the wedding location -- Jodhpur’s Umaid Bhawan Palace -- Priyanka is sparing no expense for her fairy-tale wedding. With mere days left for Priyanka and Nick’s December 2 wedding ceremony, we can’t help but discuss Priyanka’s wedding lehenga possibilities. According to new reports, Priyanka has chosen designer duo Abu Jani and Sandeep Khosla for her bridal lehenga.
Designers Abu Jani and Sandeep Khosla are a surprisingly apt choice for Priyanka -- they designed the yellow anarkali she now-famously wore for her engagement and roka ceremony in August. Priyanka’s friendship with the designers has gotten even stronger recently -- she wore a figure-flattering red saree with a shimmery blouse by Abu Jani and Sandeep Khosla at Akash Ambani and Shloka Mehta’s engagement party in June -- perfect timing for her wedding.
Considering the designers set some pretty aspirational wedding fashion goals -- with Kareena Kapoor Khan’s sexy and exotic bridal lehenga from Veere Di Wedding and Sonam Kapoor’s gorgeous ivory and gold look from her mehendi -- we don’t think it’s a stretch to say they will dress Priyanka in sexed-up glamour, lavish embellishments. The couturiers also have strong ties to several celebrity families (the Bachchans, Ambanis, Kapoors are staunch fans), and are known for their flamboyant lehengas and anarkalis. Their regal designs would go well with Umaid Bhavan Palace’s lavish surroundings. Featuring shimmery bead work to intricate hand-embroidered detailing and a lot of adornment, we picked some show-stopping Abu Jani and Sandeep Khosla lehengas that are perfect for Priyanka Chopra’s wedding:
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Kareena Kapoor has changed the face of maternity fashion. From figure-flaunting dresses to dreamy kurtas and kaftans, the actor was seen wearing everything while expecting her second son. One of her outfits that created a lot of buzz was a sea green kurta set that the actor wore during a shoot.
- Priyanka Chopra recently took to Twitter and showed fans her new silver-framed spectacles. However, it was her stunning green well-fitted shirt that garnered all the attention.
- Shilpa Shetty is currently holidaying in the Maldives and giving us sartorial goals. The fashionista recently wore a gorgeous pink and yellow pleated saree dress worth ₹25k and looked absolutely fantastic.
- Bipasha Basu floods the Internet with sultry pictures straight from the Maldives beach in a black bikini layered with a barely buttoned-down cinnamon blue and ivory striped silk shirt dress which is a closet must-have for a summer or fall day | Check pictures and fashion cues inside
- Hello sunshine: Gauahar Khan adds all the missing beauty to our day with her ravishing pictures in a mesmerising mustard lehenga set with gota korpatti embroidery and we guess we have already found our fashion hero to take style cues from, for the next ethnic event this Spring
- Shilpa Shetty Kundra flaunts her summer body at the Maldives in a sultry leopard-print bikini and the Internet can’t keep calm, recreates her own filmy ‘shut up and bounce’ moment | Watch