Sara Ali Khan, Alia Bhatt, Ranveer Singh show how to stun in yellow this summer. Get the look
A lively shade like yellow can be an instant mood enhancer and also a good choice for summer fashion. One can wear its different shades any time of the day – a pale yellow in georgette and a pale yellow in satin will look stark opposite to one another.Celebrities and style icons like Sara Ali Khan, Alia Bhatt, Ranveer Singh, Karan Johar has sported the colour yellow with utmost panache and the colour is here to stay. The best part, it’s not weighed down by gender biases. Imagine Bollywood fashion in the 90s, and think Govinda who sported yellow pants which may have been frowned upon back in the day but have instead gained popularity with the young guns of B-town namely, Ranveer Singh, Varun Dhawan and others continuing this quirky trend.
Ranveer Singh has proven how he’s the king of quirk fashion through his many red carpet appearances in the recent past. It warms my heart to see a new-age actor-influencer promoting fluid fashion to begin with and making a fashion statement nearly every time. Last night at HT India’s Most Stylish 2019, Ranveer came wearing a lime-yellow tuxedo with thick-rimmed glasses with a white frame. His energy and his persona aside, the yellow was pleasing to the eyes that stood out amidst the bling we spotted on HT India’s Most Stylish Black Carpet.
Amongst the ladies on last night’s Black Carpet was Radhika Apte’s look (that she later changed for hosting the event), a ruffle gown in dull yellow that flowed like a stream around the Sacred Games actor.
Recently, Gully Boy actor, Alia Bhatt wore a sunflower-yellow lehenga choli at Akash Ambani-Shloka Mehta’s wedding in Mumbai where pastels were the theme of the day. Looking peppy and sprightly, we loved the character that yellow brought out on Alia at the wedding. She was lent support by her B-town mentor, Karan Johar, who also wore a jacket in the same shade on that day.
Here’s a throwback to one of Alia’s looks from her debut film, Student Of The Year, when she was seen on the beach in a yellow bikini.
Kiara Advani, too, has sported a yellow gown with a thigh-high slit at a recent awards function. The gown’s off-shoulder look and the bling on the bodice made her shine bright on this red carpet. She sported these with a pair of colour-blocked heels.
Which of these has been your favourite so far?
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- For a photo shoot, Vidya Balan wore a purple pinstripe dress with a mauve jacket and opted to go sans-accessories. The Kahaani actor taught us how to channel a fierce vibe with our glam in new pics.
- Shanaya Kapoor shared images from her impromptu at-home photo shoot with fans on Instagram. The photo shoot was a family affair, as Arjun Kapoor turned stylist and Khushi Kapoor edited the images and delivered the final product.
- Say goodbye to your winter clothes cause it's time to slay in some gorgeous floral print mini skirts and tops like Hina Khan. The actor recently shared images of herself wearing a summery co-ord set and we love it.
- Leaving fans hooked with her saree chronicles, Janhvi Kapoor serves another sensuous look from Manish Malhotra’s collection in an ivory-coloured six yards of elegance as she promotes her upcoming film ‘Roohi’ on Day 4
- Vidya Balan recently dolled up for an e-interview and we love everything about retro-chic vibe. From her dove grey asymmetric kurta to smart narrow pants, we can’t wait to recreate the delightful silhouette as we walk into spring-summer
- Want to set mercury soaring when going for lunch or an evening out? Take fashion cues from Aditi Rao Hydari’s romantic steamy look for The Girl on The Train promotions in a pink strappy twisted bustier teamed with wide-leg pants that look flirty enough to add drama to our summer closet
- Kriti Sanon recently gave us outfit goals as she stepped out in a bodycon denim romper with white accessories for casual outing. We can't help but marvel at the choices of the fashionista.
- For her much anticipated interview with the media mogul, Oprah Winfrey, Meghan Markle wore a black silk dress and showed that she knows how to do maternity fashion right.
- Janhvi Kapoor recently stepped out in an ethereal flowy dress for a promotional event of her upcoming film Roohi. The dress that is worth ₹22k is one of our favourite looks donned by the actor.
- For a recent shoot, Kiara Advani wore a beautiful bralette and skirt co-ord set. The Kabir Singh actor made it clear that summer is here in her matching attire and we love it.