Yay or nay? Diwali 2020 looks of Kiara Advani, Alia Bhatt, Sara Ali Khan, Janhvi Kapoor, Ananya Panday, other divas in their 20s
Be it designer kurta sets or lehengas printed with kids’ drawings, the 20-something brigade of Bollywood, including actors Kiara Advani, Alia Bhatt, Sara Ali Khan, Janhvi Kapoor, Ananya Panday, Tara Sutaria, Sanya Malhotra, Athiya Shetty and Sanjana Sanghi, went all out as they supported local brands yet killed Diwali 2020 fashion. Setting the Internet on fire with their hot ethnic looks, the divas added all the glam necessary amid the pandemic gloom.
Taking to their respective Instagram handles, the actors shared pictures of their festive look and the fashion police could not keep calm. Having flown out of Mumbai recently to shoot for her upcoming movie in Chandigarh, Kiara still managed to squeeze out some time to slay in a houte pink ensemble by designer Manish Malhotra.
Alia too twinned in pink but unlike a designer outfit, the Sadak 2 star made heads turn in a lehenga made from a 100 percent waste organic fabric which involved the efforts of 13 karigars and featured drawings by 35 children. While the baby pink lehenga had the names of the children from AOL free schools embroidered on it, the karigars worked across many months and prepared the ensemble in 4 months.
If the ensemble was not enough to win our hearts with Alia’s dainty look, her acknowledgment of others’ craft and art sealed the deal.
Wishing everyone the pink of health, Alia and Kiara’s colour twinning was also matched by Ananya Panday who too stepped out for a Diwali bash in a pink lehenga while leaving her dupatta home for a hassle free evening. The lehenga sported graphic and floral prints in white.
It was teamed with a pink cropped blouse featuring embroidery in white and sporting a plunging neckline which added to the oomph factor. Leaving her luscious tresses open, Ananya accessorised the look with a pair of statement earrings and a tiny silver potli.
Sara channeled her inner nawaab in a beautiful silhouette, royal blue kurta with antique intricate gold zari embroidery and a lime dupatta with a classic badla zari border. Accessorising her look with a pair of emerald and gold earrings accented with pearls, Sara completed her look with a pair of golden juttis.
Leaving her mid-parted hair open, the diva opted for minimalistic makeup with a dab of nude lipstick and mascara-laden eyelashes. Her outfit and jewellery both were credited to Manish Malhotra’s designer collection.
Joining the world of Manish’s zari work, Janhvi too stunned in a classic yellow saree from the designer’s Ruhaaniyat collection that was smeared with traditional intricate zari embroidery to add a festive finish. While Sara and Janhvi’s fashion has often been pitted against each other ever since the two stepped in the film industry, this time the divas themselves fed fodder to speculations as even their jewellery was credited to the same ace designer.
While long kurtas and radiant sarees were already taken from Manish’s collection, Marjaavaan actor Tara Sutari opted for a red dupion crepe kurta matched with dull green rawsilk flared pants with tila border and a ravishing blue Banarasi dupatta, all from the Indian designer’s festive collection. Pulling back her mid-parted hair in a low bun, Tara flaunted a pair of heavy jhumkis and completed her look with a tiny blue bindi to further enhance the ethnic look.
Ludo star Sanya Malhotra stunned in an emerald green traditional wear with a sheer dupatta of same colour while Dil Bechara actor Sanjana Sanghi slew in a plain grey cut-sleeves handblock print kurta and solid rayon palazzo pants teamed with an organza handpainted dupatta.
Athiya was seen opting for a simple white-base hand embroidered Hans Bageecha straight kurta and palazzo set paired with dupatta. The diva accessorised her look with a pair of hoop earrings studded with tiny pearls.
Having taken the Bollywood industry in a stride with their stellar work, the young divas do not leave any stone unturned when it comes to flaunting their haute couture and this Diwali was no different as they left us totally smitten. Their turning towards kaarigars or hand embroiderers and tailors, local craftsmen and workers while acknowledging the value of their work and the art they create, served as a creative reminder of the young brigade’s vibe of sunshine, freedom and a little flower.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Snuggle but with fashion and Mira Rajput Kapoor, in a knit cape with a high neck, shows us how to keep the finger firmly placed on the sartorial pulse this cosy winter season
- Sara Ali Khan leaves fashionistas in awe of her classy feminine style and flirty edge in a red and navy blue checkered cocktail dress with a flattering side draping and we can’t help swooning either
- Another day, another sultry look by Karisma Kapoor and we can’t help but prepare a sartorial diary to recreate her killer styles for our next date night with bae. Want to send the fashion police on red alert? Check out the diva’s puff-sleeved dress
- Milan Fashion Week 2021: Miuccia Prada, Raf Simonsosy, Fendi, Ermenegildo Zegna and even K-Way establish that comfortable indoor-wear leaves its mark on outdoor styles for menswear autumn-winter collection
- Mira Rajput and Shahid Kapoor are currently holidaying in Goa and the mother-of-two is flaunting her enviable curves in some of the most fabulous beach wear. Their pictures are making us crave for a vacation as well.
- Tandav star Saif Ali Khan turns cover boy for a magazine and his latest pictures in a teal blue bandhgala are fashion goals for men to break away yet embrace the mundane with naturalism
- Hina Khan is having a gala time on her trip. The fashionista has been giving us great brunch date look ideas. She has been snapped in some of the the most impressive ensembles and we are getting inspired.
- Sara Ali Khan's latest leather look teaches us how to brave the winter and look badass while doing it. The Simmba actor is a fashionista in the truest sense.
- On Sunday, Prada unveiled their latest collection - anti-uniform which is an ode to our new intimacy in our ever-tighter circles: luxury long-johns, digitally.
- Athiya Shetty has been making us dream of an endless summer to far flung places and her sizzling fashionable looks, in floral or fancy dresses that flaunt effortless silhouettes and celebrate the feminine figure, are to be blamed
- NBA coaches' casual dressing, during the league at Walt Disney World in Florida, inspires basketball coaches across America to eschew the traditional game day attire of coats, ties and dress slacks in favour of polos, quarter-zips and warmup pants as comfort over style becomes the new fashion trend
- Khushi Kapoor is currently holidaying in Delhi and giving us winter wardrobe inspiration. The 20-year-old has been spotted wearing a lot of delicate crop sweaters and wide-legged pants.
- Nora Fatehi, who is currently holidaying in Dubai, has been serving us some royal looks lately. Her recent statement-making kaftan dress is fit for a queen and we love it.
- Anne Hathaway forgoes the traditional red carpet premiere of her film ‘Locked Down’ but treats fans to a slew of luxurious looks in three dazzling metallic gowns from Vivienne Westwood, Versace and Azzaro and we can’t stop swooning
- Samantha Akkineni recently slayed in a denim midi dress at the promotions of her upcoming web series, The Family Man. The actor flaunted her enviable curves in the distressed bodycon outfit.