Real Madrid's Welsh forward Gareth Bale.(AFP)
Real Madrid's Welsh forward Gareth Bale.(AFP)

Real Madrid block Gareth Bale China move: Source

The 77-time international had been told by Real coach Zinedine Zidane he does not form part of his future plans at the Bernabeu.
Madrid | By AFP
UPDATED ON JUL 28, 2019 08:53 PM IST

Gareth Bale’s move to Chinese side Jiangsu Suning has been cancelled by Real Madrid, a source close to the Wales forward told AFP on Sunday. Bale, 30, who has been in the Spanish capital since 2013, was expected to join the Chinese Super League outfit on a three-year-deal worth £1 million ($1.1 million) a week. The 77-time international had been told by Real coach Zinedine Zidane he does not form part of his future plans at the Bernabeu.

The former Tottenham Hotspur winger came off the bench to play half an hour in Real’s record 7-3 defeat to rivals Atletico Madrid on Saturday.

Also read: Inter Milan edge Neymar-less PSG on penalties

The source dismissed reports by Spanish daily Marca which said the player’s family had blocked a potential move to Asia.

Marca said those close to Bale had asked his representatives to look for clubs in Europe “before definitively saying yes to Jiangsu Suning’s offer”.

Also read: Kevin De Bruyne, Raheem Sterling on target in Manchester City win

The Chinese transfer window closes on Wednesday.

SHARE THIS ARTICLE ON
Close
SHARE
Story Saved
OPEN APP