Ryan Gosling blasts off into space in first trailer for Neil Armstrong biopic, First Man
The first trailer of Ryan Gosling starrer First Man is out and the star plays the role of the first man on the moon, Neil Armstrong.
The trailer presents the challenges of the Apollo 11 mission. It also shows the consequences faced by Armstrong’s family after he decided to go ahead. The film focuses on the years 1961-1969.
The Crown’s Claire Foy plays the role of his first wife, Janet.The movie also stars Kyle Chandler, Corey Stoll, Jason Clarke and Brian d’Arcy James.
The film is directed by Damien Chazelle, who in 2017 became the youngest winner of the Academy Award for Best Director for La La Land. Several key moments in the film have been shot in the IMAX format.
First Man is produced by Wyck Godfrey and Marty Bowen alongside Chazelle and Gosling. The film will hit theatres on October 12, in prime slot for Oscars consideration.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Hollywood Foreign Press Association (HFPA) were called out by several celebrities for their lack of diversity in their ranks. After stars chanted "Time's Up Globes", the HFPA issued a statement assuring a change in the making.
- The Golden Globes 2021 winners will be announced on February 28 (March 1 in India). Here's what time the 78th Golden Globe Awards will commence and how to watch the show.
- Miley Cyrus shared a throwback picture of her and singer Nick Jonas. The two Disney alums were rumoured to be dating when they were younger.
- Emma Watson, more than her co-stars, would struggle with wanting to not return to the Harry Potter series.
- Wesley Snipes has spoken about why his Black Panther film never got made in the 90s. The role was eventually brought to life by Chadwick Boseman.
- Billie Eilish The World’s a Little Blurry movie review: Apple's brilliant documentary traces the meteoric rise of the music industry's most mercurial performer.
- The fans of Harry Potter star Emma Watson were shocked as a report hinted that the actor has given up her career in acting and is devoting her time to her boyfriend.