6-year-old suffers burns after falling into pot of hot curry during midday meal
The class 1 student was standing in queue for midday meal in a primary school in Hemriya Kutti gram panchayat area when he stumbled and fell into the pot.Updated: Oct 31, 2017 13:01 IST
Press Trust of India, Bahraich (Uttar Pradesh)
A six year-old boy suffered serious burn injuries after he fell into a pot of hot vegetable curry while standing in a queue for midday meal in a primary school in Uttar Pradesh’s Bahraich , police said on Tuesday.
Shivam, a student of class 1, was standing in queue for midday meal in a primary school in Hemriya Kutti gram panchayat area on Monday when he stumbled and fell in the pot, they said.
The boy’s father, in his police complaint, alleged that the school staff neither rushed Shivam to a hospital nor informed his family about the incident.
Shivam’s father claimed that upon returning home, the boy fell unconscious and was rushed to a hospital where he is undergoing treatment, the police said.
On the basis of the complaint, a case has been registered against the cook and teachers of the school, and a probe is on, they said.
Basic shiksha adhikari Amarkant Singh said three teachers, including a lady teacher, have been suspended after preliminary inquiry and action was been initiated against the cook.
First Published: Oct 31, 2017 12:59 IST