Covid-19 lockdown to be eased in these states from today
- The Punjab government has announced that restaurants, cinema halls and gyms can open and operate at 50% capacity beginning Wednesday.
Amid a dip in the number of Covid-19 cases in the country, some state governments have announced more relaxations in lockdown-like restrictions from Wednesday, which were imposed to control the spread of the viral disease.
India on Tuesday registered 60,471 cases of the coronavirus disease (Covid-19) in the last 24 hours - the lowest in 75 days - and 2,726 related deaths, the Union ministry of health and family welfare (MoHFW) said. With this, the national tally of coronavirus cases rose to 29,570,881, while the death toll stood at 377,031, Tuesday’s data showed.
Here's a list of states that have eased the curbs:
1. Assam--The Assam State Disaster Management Authority has issued a new set of lockdown guidelines that will be in effect from 5am on June 16 till 5am on June 22. As per the order, lockdown-like curbs have been relaxed in South Salmara, Majuli, Bongaigaon, Chirang, Udalguri, West Karbi Anglong, Dima Hasao and Charaideo districts. Public movement will be allowed in these districts from 5am to 5pm.
2. West Bengal--The West Bengal government has announced that there will be some relaxation from June 16 including the opening of restaurants and bars (even those which are located inside shopping complexes) between 12 noon to 8pm with 50% sitting capacity.
3. Bihar--Bihar chief minister Nitish Kumar has announced further relaxations in Covid-19-linked restrictions in the state starting from June 16. As part of the unlock process in the state, government and private offices have been allowed to function in full strength till 5pm, while shops will be allowed to remain open till 6pm. However, the night curfew will be in place from 8pm to 5am.
4. Punjab--The state government has announced that restaurants, cinema halls and gyms can open and operate at 50% capacity beginning Wednesday.
5. Rajasthan--The Rajasthan government has announced a revised guideline which will come into effect from Wednesday. Aaccording to it, all government and private offices with more than 10 employees can function with 50% staff capacity following Covid-19 protocols, which includes wearing of face masks and maintaining social distancing.