Here's a list of states that are under Covid-19 lockdown till June 7
- The government of Goa has decided to extend the Covid-19 curfew till 7am of June 7.
Amid a rising second wave of coronavirus disease (Covid-19), several states have extended the lockdown till June 7 in order to curb the spread of the infection.
India on Saturday recorded 1,73,790 fresh Covid-19 cases, taking the cumulative tally past 27.7 million, according to the Union health ministry. At least 3,617 people have died due to the coronavirus disease, data updated at 8am showed. As many as 322,512 people have succumbed to the infection in the country, according to the health ministry.
Here's a list of states that have extended the Covid-19 lockdown till June 7:
1. Goa--The government of Goa has decided to extend the Covid-19 curfew till 7am of June 7. "Government of Goa has decided to extend the curfew till 7 am of 7th June 2021," tweeted Goa chief minister Pramod Sawant.
2. Tamil Nadu--The state-wide lockdown without relaxations to help break the chain of Covid-19 transmission has been extended till June 7 by one more week, chief minister M K Stalin has announced.
3. Karnataka--The Karnataka government has extended the statewide lockdown to contain the spread of Covid-19 till 6am on June 7, informed chief minister B S Yediyurappa.
4. Himachal Pradesh--The Himachal Pradesh government has extended the coronavirus curbs till June 7 but announced relaxations, including increase in the opening hours of shops, an official spokesperson said.
5. Arunachal Pradesh--The Arunachal Pradesh government has decided to extend the lockdown in seven districts till June 7 following a surge in Covid-19 cases, senior officials said.