Mann ki Baat highlights: Ideological movement needed to make cleanliness a habit
In his 35th address to the nation, the Prime Minister had said that violence in the name of faith will not be tolerated referring to the violence in Haryana that broke out after Dera Sacha Sauda chief Ram Rahim was convicted of rape by a CBI court.Updated: Sep 24, 2017 11:46 IST
Hindustan Times, New Delhi
Prime minister Narendra Modi addressed the nation through the 36th edition of ‘Mann Ki Baat’ programme on Sunday.
The radio show completed its three years on Sunday.
In his 35th address to the nation, the Prime Minister had said that violence in the name of faith will not be tolerated referring to the violence in Haryana that broke out after Dera Sacha Sauda chief Ram Rahim was convicted of rape by a CBI court.
He also spoke about renewed campaign for cleanliness and called for increased participation in sporting activities.
Here are the highlights from Modi’s address:
- I congratulate Lt.Swati Mahadik & Lt.Nidhi Dubey-widows of soldiers who died on duty -for their determination to serve country
- Sardar Patel unified the nation. Let us always preserve this unity
- I congratulate 18-yr-old Bilal Dar who has been made brand ambassador for cleanliness by Srinagar municipal corporation.He has cleaned more than 12,000 kgs of garbage from the Dal Lake in a year
- For cleanliness to become a habit, an ideological movement is needed.
- Happy to see the support towards ‘Swachhata Hi Seva’ movement. People are actively contributing to a Swachh Bharat.
- This Gandhi Jayanti, let us buy a Khadi product and light the lamp of prosperity in the lives of the poor
- I get so much feedback for Mann Ki Baat. Naturally, I am not able to refer to all of it but the inputs given help us in the government.
- I have tried to keep common man as the focus in Mann Ki Baat and kept it away from politics
- Mann ki baat has become a unique opportunity to connect with the masses
First Published: Sep 24, 2017 10:52 IST