Fresh carcasses threaten peace in Dadri, Bisada still tense
The first carcass said to be of a cow calf was found in a drain at Chithera village late on Sunday night.india Updated: Oct 06, 2015 07:55 IST
The fragile peace in Dadri area was disturbed again when two carcasses of what people claimed to be cow calves were found in the area. The district administration, however, took prompt action and mobilised forces to bring the situation under control.
The first carcass said to be of a cow calf was found in a drain at Chithera village late on Sunday night. The villagers gathered around the drain and started raising slogans. They were planning to block the road when the police swung into action and controlled the situation, said Anurag Singh, deputy superintendent of police, Dadri.
“A platoon of PAC was deployed immediately. A case was lodged against unidentified persons for cow slaughter,” said Singh
In a separate incident, tension gripped Badalpur area when some locals stopped a man who was allegedly carrying a dead calf on his two-wheeler on Monday morning. “The person was detained. He said he is the owner of the calf and it died due to some ailment. The case is being investigated,” Singh said.
Back in Bisada, the situation remained tense and entry of all outsiders continued to remain banned. On Monday, some local women had a scuffle with some mediapersons who tried to enter the village. Some air force personnel were also stopped on the outskirts of the village. “The air force personnel wanted to meet Ikhlaq’s family but we told them to wait at a nearby guesthouse,” said Rakesh Sisodia, a local resident.
“Peace is slowly returning to the village but tension still remains. The media is advised not to enter the village as a precautionary measure. Nobody will attack them but the villagers are not happy over repeated TV reports showing only one side of the story,” said Sanjay Rana, the Bisada headman.
Ikhlaq’s family has also returned to the village after meeting UP chief minister Akhilesh Yadav, who had announced a compensation of `45 lakh for the next of kin.
The family of one of the accused has claimed that though he is a minor, the police have named him in the FIR and circulated his name in the newspapers and channels. The father of the 17-year-old told HT that the teen was preparing for a test to enter the defence forces but he has now gone missing.
“How can the police be so unprofessional? My son is still a minor. How can they treat him as a criminal? He left home the day police had named him in the FIR. Now we have no idea where he is,” said the father of the accused.
Asked about the development, Anurag Singh, DSP Dadri, said, “If it’s true, we will treat him as a juvenile and produce him before the juvenile justice board. It is still a matter of investigation. A police team is searching him.”
Eight out of 10 accused of this case have been arrested so far.
First Published: Oct 06, 2015 00:27 IST