JJ Valaya on Fall/Winter 2002
For Fall/Wilter 02 Valaya drew inspiration from mythologies from 5 different parts of the world - namely Africa, India, China, Egypt & Middle East.india Updated: Dec 18, 2002 18:40 IST
1) What is your latest collection all about?
The JJ Valaya Fall/Winter 2002-03 Collection is based on 5 DISTINCT INSPIRATIONS and draws its influences from Africa, Persia, Egypt, China and India.
Since we celebrate a decade of JJ Valaya this year, we have revisited some of our best selling collections and re-created them in an absolutely new manner. The underlying principle of modern royalty continues.
2) Where did you draw your inspiration for this collection?
The season of Fall/Winter 2002-03 collection for JJ Valaya drew its inspiration from mythologies from 5 different parts of the world which included Africa, India, China, Egypt & Middle East.
3) What are the high points in this collection?
It was a challenge to re-work older inspirations in a contemporary fashion. Whether it was the interesting use of custom developed Swarovski crystal or the new prints we created, the entire process of using newer mediums along with our signature embroideries was most interesting.
4) Any special craft/workmanship/style you are showcasing in this collection?
The intricacies of the collection by using a multitude of Swarovski crystal components to recreate the regalia of textile heritages of ancient civilizations, including Egypt, Africa, China, India and Persia.
5) Have you experimented a great deal in this collection - in terms of innovation in style, fabric, and colours?
The Valaya label is a classic. Timelessness has been a quality we have believed in.
Within the permissible parameters of wearability, experimentation in terms of colours, fabrics and styles have been incorporated.
6) You have an avid fan following in the Middle East, especially Dubai. What is popular overseas?
As a matter of fact, our clientele is from various parts of the globe including the US, UK, Holland, Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Hong Kong, Japan, the Middle East and Australia.
First Published: Dec 18, 2002 18:18 IST