Steffi Graf appointed Kerala's brand ambassador for Ayurveda
Tennis legend Steffi Graf was on Wednesday appointed the Ayurveda brand ambassador of Kerala.
Details of her remuneration and other terms weren’t made public but talks in this regard had been going on for some time.
With this deal the government, feels that it can overcome the after-effects of recent ban on liquor to an extent. The ripple effect of liquor ban had earlier hit the thriving tourism sector.
The Kerala tourism department was given sanction to sign an agreement with Graf to become Ayurveda brand ambassador as part of the department's 'Visit Kerala Scheme', Chandy said.
The tourism department had already held discussions and reached an agreement with the German former World number one tennis player, who had bagged 22 Grand slam single titles.
The 46-year-old Graf, who retired in 1999, married former World number one men's tennis player Andre Agassi in October 2001.
Kerala's Ayurveda, an ancient system of health care which is famous for its holistic effect on body and mind, attracts a large number of people from the country and abroad every year.
(With PTI inputs)
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Dozens of Rohingya are in a makeshift "holding centre" at Jammu's Hira Nagar jail after local authorities conducted biometric and other tests on hundreds of people to verify their identities.
- The 10-member team will commence the journey from the misty mountains of Arunachal Pradesh at Bomdila and will then enter Bhutan.
- In a letter to the Cubbon Park police station, Dinesh Kalahalli said that the complaint had taken a sinister turn wherein the character of the alleged victim was being questioned.
- The police headquarters took action after a picture of the man walking with his son's decomposed body in a plastic bag was widely shared on social media.
- Omar Abdullah chided BJP's Suvendu Adhikari who was quoted a saying the "Bengal will become like Kashmir" if the Trinamool Congress returns to power in the assembly election.
- Two hundred kg of cocaine and 60 kg of hashish were seized from the boats registered in Sri Lanka