Recipe: Trying to cut out added sugars? Let date balls tame your sweet cravings
- Date amid lockdown? Why not! Except, it’s sweeter, healthier, doesn't give you anxiety and one that even your parents will not refuse. Don’t believe us? Check out this winter special recipe of coconut date balls that only require four ingredients and thank us later
While some are celebrating dry January, many of us pledged ourselves to cut down on added sugars but can’t tame those wild sweet cravings. Others are anxious about meeting their bae but cannot dodge parents’ attention as everyone is working from home amid Covid-19 pandemic.
Well, we have a solution to your above problems including sugar cravings and date amid lockdown. Except, it’s sweeter, healthier, good for your heart, emotions and brain and one that even your parents will not refuse to indulge in.
Don’t believe us? Check out this winter special recipe of coconut date balls that only require four ingredients and thank us later.
1 cup peanuts
1 cups pecans (alternatively you just add 2 cups of pecans)
2 pinches of salt
1/4 cup desiccated coconut
Mix everything in a food processor except the coconut until you get a smooth, sticky mixture. Use both your hands to roll the mixture into small balls.
You should get about 10-12 balls. Roll the energy bites into the coconut, pressing gently so they adhere. Enjoy.
(Recipe: Arzina, Instagram/chroniclesofanewbride)
This super easy and healthy recipe is packed with health benefits and serves as an energy-rich snack that can be consumed daily. Apart from having an excellent nutrition profile, dates are high in fiber which is important for our overall health, benefits digestive health by promoting regular bowel movements, provide various antioxidants that help reduce the risk of several diseases and also help in improving the brain function.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- What’s better than paleo chocolate chip cookies? Well, it has to be Sourdough Chocolate Chip Cookies made from sourdough discard as they are gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan. Check out their tempting recipe inside
- Whip up a healthy treat this summer, packed with a flavoursome and refreshing punch with this Mango Pudding that is a lovely light way to end a heavy meal. Check out the exotic recipe inside
- Try this delicious recipe of Oats and Cranberry Pancakes that don't just taste divine but are also healthy. You can now enjoy pancakes without the guilt.
- Seal your midweek sugar cravings with a healthy treat including the goodness of a superfood with this super easy recipe of strawberry chia pudding. Check out the health benefits of this delicious dessert inside
- Want to be healthy with a flavour explosion in your mouth? Try this mouthwatering recipe of Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Peanut Sauce that will keep you coming back for more
- Whether you like your beans spicy or prefer skipping them and using plain canned ones, the goal is to create a quality burrito that is made from the scratch and you can try this simple recipe too if you are craving some Mexican food tonight
- Want to relieve constipation or treat your body to natural antioxidants? Here’s a recipe to whip up some creamy, crunchy Cauliflower soup this Tuesday evening which is a healthy substitute for rice and flour and is sure to tickle your taste buds
- Say ‘yes’ to bagel cravings this Tuesday with ‘Everything Bagel’ which is a clean version of a regular bagel with pops of onion, garlic, sesame seeds and poppy seeds. Drooling at the thought of all those tasty flavours? Check the recipe of Everything Bagel inside
- It's time to add some fresh fruits to our favourite dessert and bake some fudgy chocolate strawberry brownies that taste divine and don't require a lot of effort.