10 smart, space-saving ideas to decorate a small apartment
A small apartment can also be decorated in a cosy way. Here are 10 ideas for you courtesy interior decor experts.more lifestyle Updated: May 29, 2018 18:33 IST
To decorate a small living room, it is not necessary to use minimalistic décor items. One can brighten up the small space with limited accessories and make the most of it, say experts. Punam Kalra, creative director of I’m, The Centre for Applied Arts and Ruchita Bansal, creative Director and founder, Izhaar, list some tips on how to decorate small apartments:
* To decorate a small living room, it is not necessary to use minimalist décor. You can brighten up the small space with limited accessories and make the most of it. Small spaces can be decked up with a curtain. Depending on the mood, it can be floral or classy, a smartly-placed table or chair in vintage style.
* You can also use a table that can work as a desk and a dining table in tight spaces. Choose furnishings that offer maximum functionality in minimal space and lessen the need for having multiple storages.
* Bespoke built-ins and furniture according to your exact needs can utilise every available space effectively.
* When it comes to small bedroom ideas, a variety of storage types can help maximise flexibility and help to take advantage of every nook and cranny.
* White bedroom designs are a classic option that will never date. With the right accessories and soft furnishings, a white bedroom can still be a warm and inviting space for you to enjoy.
* The child’s bedroom can feature bunk beds, sports throws and funky prints for pillows.
* Large floor tiles in a rich chocolate hue ground add depth to space, and help to visually expand the room. Another benefit of incorporating large-format tiles into your small bathroom is that they are easier to clean, as there is more tile space and less grout to scrub.
* Glass wall combines elegant design exterior with the interior, as the overall look of the room makes it airy, bright and natural. The glass wall leaves a dramatic and lasting impression and allows the area to be literally bold and distinctive.
* Shelf space is very valuable in a small space. Add shelving to the top of your mantel affixed to the wall. It provides a seamless addition to the display space.
* Add pastel and soft-hued interiors. Since it reflects light, it makes the space look bigger. Incorporate the colour in your bedsheets and wall paper as well.
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more
First Published: May 29, 2018 13:59 IST