Kaappaan: Mohanlal completes shooting for his portion. See pic
Suriya and KV Anand have joined hands for the third time in the upcoming action thriller titled Kaappaan. Malayalam superstar Mohanlal will also feature in the film.
On Wednesday, Anand took to Twitter to announce that Mohanlal has completed shooting for his portion in the film. He also posted a picture with Mohanlal and the entire crew.
Anand wrote: “It’s a wrap for Mohanlal sir. Great actor. Simply behaved the character.”
In the film, Suriya is rumoured to be playing a bodyguard to Mohanlal with the latter playing the prime minister of the country. In a few leaked stills so far from the sets, Suriya is seen in a commando getup. The film is being bankrolled by Lyca Productions.
The project, which is on the verge of completion, also stars Sayyeshaa, Arya, Boman Irani and Samuthirakani in pivotal roles.
Kaappaan originally starred Telugu actor Allu Sirish in a crucial role. He later chose to exit from the project and revealed the reason via a statement.
“This is to let you all know about my part in Suriya 37. My dates required for the film was clashing with my other film ABCD. The shoot dates could not be rescheduled because of the logistics involved. Keeping in mind the best interest of both the films, I volunteered to step down from the role. And the director KV Anand sir too has understood the issue and accepted my decision.”
Sirish further added that he’s really looking forward to the release of the film and thanked the makers for the opportunity.
Arya was eventually signed on to replace Sirish and the grapevine is that the former plays a negative role.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Here's a video of almost-baby Tiger Shroff, taking to the stage with his father, Jackie, back in the early 1990s.
- Kishwer Merchant and Suyyash Rai announced on Tuesday that they are expecting their first child. Check out their Instagram posts.
- Amazon Prime Video has issued a new apology over the legal cases surrounding the political drama Tandav. Read it here.
- The creatives behind an apparel advertisement featuring Deepika Padukone have been accused of plagiarism by Yeh Ballet filmmaker Sooni Taraporevala, who has called the incident 'intellectual theft'.
- BTS singer V released his vlog on YouTube, which featured a few behind-the-scenes glimpses at his song Snow Flower with Peakboy, his workout session, and more.
- Fans have once again spotted similarities between Tiger Shroff's character in Heropanti 2, and Agent 47 in the Hitman video game series. A new poster for the film debuted on Tuesday.
- BLACKPINK member Rosé shared posters to confirm that she will make her solo debut on March 12. Her fellow BLACKPINK members Jisoo, Lisa and Jennie extend their support.
- Kajol celebrated the completion of one year of her short film, Devi. She mentioned how the film could still make her emotional.
- Several Twitter users pointed out that the poster for the upcoming Saina Nehwal biopic, starring Parineeti Chopra, appears to show an incorrect serve action.
- John Abraham and Disha Patani have begun working on their upcoming film, Ek Villain Returns. See pics.
- Tiger Shroff, who turned a year older on Tuesday, was spotted with rumoured girlfriend Disha Patani and his mother Ayesha Dutt on a dinner outing.
- Ankita Lokhande has shared several pictures and videos from a house party she had with Rashami Desai on Monday.
- Shaza Morani and Priyaank Sharma's Hindu wedding ceremony has been postponed, in light of the increase in Covid-19 cases in Maharashtra. The couple and their families and friends are currently in the Maldives.