- Mumbai Indians face a problem of plenty ahead of the 2022 IPL auction. The five-time IPL champions tackle a huge dilemma as they sit down and decide on the four players the franchise plans on retaining before the auction.
Updated on Nov 26, 2021 09:08 PM IST
- Venkatesh Iyer, who made his international debut during the IND vs NZ T20I series, revealed the role of captain Rohit Sharma and his influence on him.
Published on Nov 24, 2021 12:00 PM IST
- Following the culmination of the IND vs NZ series, Dinesh Karthik named one bowler who he believes will be a certain selection in Rohit Sharma's India in the 2022 ICC Men's T20 World Cup in Australia.
Updated on Nov 22, 2021 10:43 AM IST
Rohit continued his sublime form in T20I cricket to score his second consecutive half-century score in the three-match series against New Zealand
Updated on Nov 22, 2021 10:39 AM IST
- Rohit Sharma led India to first T20I series victory since being named as a full-time captain of the T20 side earlier this month.
Published on Nov 19, 2021 11:36 PM IST
- When taking the field on Friday night at the JSCA International Stadium in Ranchi, New Zealand opener Martin Guptill, besides aiming to star for his side to level the series, will have a personal milestone in sight.
Updated on Nov 19, 2021 11:40 AM IST
- The legendary Kapil Dev has reacted to the possibility of rotation policy being adopted by Indian cricket to manage the workload of its players.
Updated on Nov 18, 2021 02:34 PM IST
- The hosts won by five wickets against New Zealand in the first T20 in Jaipur, ensuring new coach Rahul Dravid started his tenure on a winning note.
Updated on Nov 17, 2021 11:45 PM IST
Vivek Krishnan, Jaipur
- Jofra Archer? Christopher Nolan? Nostradamus? Take your pick and decide whether Rohit Sharma has surpassed the legacy of the aforementioned men after reading his nine-year-old viral tweet that has set Twitter on fire.
Updated on Nov 18, 2021 12:06 PM IST
- IND vs NZ: Ahead of the 1st T20I between India and New Zealand, former Pakistan skipper lauded skipper Rohit Sharma, and Virat Kohli, for carrying forward MS Dhoni's legacy with regards to a pertinent issue of world cricket.
Updated on Nov 18, 2021 02:36 PM IST
- Here are today’s top news, analysis and opinion. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.
Published on Nov 17, 2021 08:57 AM IST
hindustantimes.com, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
- Rohit gave his side of the story when reminded about his international debut in the presence of stalwarts like Dravid in the dressing room.
Updated on Nov 17, 2021 09:20 AM IST
- While addressing a press conference ahead of the first India vs New Zealand T20I in Jaipur, skipper Rohit Sharma laid emphasis on the workload management of the players, saying it is important to look after their bodies and keep them fresh.
Published on Nov 16, 2021 08:04 PM IST
- “Virat Kohli's role won't change. He will keep on doing what he has been doing for the team for so many years,” said India's newly appointed T20I captain Rohit Sharma in a virtual press conference on the eve of the first T20I against New Zealand when he was asked about Kohli.
Updated on Nov 16, 2021 08:31 PM IST
With Jasprit Bumah rested for the series, India will be looking to find another pacer, who can consistently clock 140kmph and above. As it was seen in the UAE, the extra pace always comes in handy, bringing Avesh and Mohammad Siraj into the picture.
Published on Nov 16, 2021 02:22 PM IST
- Former Pakistan all-rounder and skipper Shahid Afridi has given his take on the BCCI appointing Rohit Sharma as India's new T20Is captain and has an importance piece of advice for Virat Kohli.
Updated on Nov 11, 2021 08:32 PM IST
- India’s new white ball captain has a reputation of persisting with players.
Updated on Nov 11, 2021 05:23 PM IST
Shantanu Srivastava, New Delhi
- Sunil Gavaskar said Rohit Sharma's success as a captain in the IPL does not guarantee him long-term success as India skipper in T20Is.
Updated on Nov 10, 2021 12:02 PM IST
- Pakistan fast bowler Shaheen Afridi had dismissed Rohit Sharma, KL Rahul, and Virat Kohli during their opening game against India in the T20 World Cup 2021.
Published on Nov 10, 2021 07:33 AM IST
- Fast bowlers Jasprit Bumrah, Mohammad Shami and Ravindra Jadeja have also been rested with Hardik Pandya not included
Updated on Nov 10, 2021 08:03 AM IST
Rasesh Mandani, Dubai
- Rohit Sharma has been appointed as the new T20I captain of India as the BCCI announced a 16-member squad for the New Zealand series. Venkatesh Iyer and Harshal Patel received maiden call-ups with several big stars including Virat Kohli, has been rested.
Updated on Nov 09, 2021 09:16 PM IST
- Sunil Gavaskar feels that with the next World Cup less than a year away, 'long-term' goal isn't the need of the hour, as he revealed his candidate to replace Virat Kohli.
Updated on Nov 09, 2021 04:06 PM IST
- Highlighting Rohit's credentials - he is the most successful captain in IPL with 5 titles and has also led India to victory in the multi-format tournaments like the Nidahas Trophy and Asia Cup - Shastri said he is ‘waiting in the wings’ to take over the reigns from Kohli.
Updated on Nov 09, 2021 12:05 PM IST
- Team India opener became the only second player from the country to reach the milestone in the shortest format of the game.
Published on Nov 08, 2021 09:36 PM IST
- When asked to Virender Sehwag about his views on this topic, the former India opener backed Rohit as the ideal candidate, stating his incredible run as the Mumbai Indians skipper as the reason behind it.
Updated on Nov 05, 2021 10:03 AM IST
Rohit Sharma admitted that the decisions taken by the Men In Blue didn't go their way, labelling it as one of the reasons behind the team's downfall at the T20 World Cup.
Updated on Nov 04, 2021 07:52 PM IST
Published on Nov 04, 2021 11:49 AM IST
- One shouldn't blame Rohit for being caught off guard when asked to react on Dravid taking over from Ravi Shastri as India head coach from the home series against New Zealand as when BCCI made the official announcement, Rohit was busy playing against Afghanistan.
Published on Nov 04, 2021 08:36 AM IST
- Karthik reckons the captaincy should go to Rohit, and for the next couple of years, the likes of Pant and Rahul could be groomed under him to be the next long-term captain of the Indian team much like how MS Dhoni was given charge back in the year 2007.
Published on Nov 04, 2021 07:20 AM IST
- "Getting to a respectable total was important, and the NRR could come into play so we had to win by a good margin, so glad we got that," Rohit Sharma said.
Published on Nov 03, 2021 11:29 PM IST